Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zimmerman trial

4 posters

Go down

Zimmerman trial Empty Zimmerman trial

Post by Sir Pun Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:59 am

So i guess the state is arguing that knowledge of the law implies guilt, because they have a witness testifying that zimmerman learned of the stand your ground law in a class. Which obviously means he was a raving lunatic just waiting to strike, ever since he found out.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Zimmerman trial Empty Re: Zimmerman trial

Post by Sir Pun Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:01 am

Oh yeah he also wanted to be a cop, which shows he just wanted to shoot ppl.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:38 pm

Eh...the problem in my mind is that on the 911 tape that Zimmerman made, the police dispatcher told him not to pursue Trevon.  But Zimmerman did anyway.  Now you got a dead Trevon. 

At the very least Zimmerman should be found guilty of manslaughter.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:33 pm

Following someone isnt a crime, unless they have a restraining order in you. Nor is it justification for getting jumped/in a fight with the person youre following. So not saying zimmerman obviously didnt make any decisions that led up to the event, but he didnt make any illegal ones.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:33 pm

As far as can be determined.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:18 pm

Sir Pun wrote:Following someone isnt a crime, unless they have a restraining order in you. Nor is it justification for getting jumped/in a fight with the person youre following. So not saying zimmerman obviously didnt make any decisions that led up to the event, but he didnt make any illegal ones.

Zimmerman began stalking a teenager from his vehicle, defied the 911 dispatcher by not disengaging, got out of his vehicle and continued to stalk the teenager on foot, and then confronted the kid.  All at night.  Zimmerman was clearly in the wrong.  Even if Martin did attack Zimmerman (which there is no evidence of), it sounds like he would still have had a better self defense claim than Zimmerman.

Tell me, if you were in Martins position and had some creep stalk and then confront you, what would you do?

Last edited by Bryant on Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:32 am

Pretty sure i wouldnt turn around and start an altercation. I dont care about feelings, which is why i may make a good juror. The dispatcher didnt say, its illegal for you to follow this person, because it isnt. Sorty, but zimmerman didnt break any laws in leading up to the event. Doesnt matter if hes a racist, overzealous, or what, you have to follow the letter of the law. Everything else is just bs ginned up at the beginning by ppl trying to make a political point.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:36 am

By the way, nowhere has it been suggested zimmerman confronted martin. That certainly isnt a part of zimmerman's story, nor has it been suggested through the evidence. Anything else is speculation.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:38 am

And again, you cant stalk someone, unless they have a restraining order on you.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:47 am

Still amazes me how effectively they were able to split the country over this case. All the race baiting from sharpton, jackson, elijah cummings and his ilk in the black caucus saying teayvon was shot for BB in a GC. Being black in a gated community. Was very effective showin the pictures of a younger trayvon. And of course zimmerman was classed as white even though he identifies as hispanic, because that just gets the racial hatred going more. Anyway, looks like the sanford pd got it right, and i suspected ever since the special state investigator said charges would be pursued that it had little to do with justice.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:49 am

Ps been in the sanford courtroom, woo!

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:19 am

Sir Pun wrote:And again, you cant stalk someone, unless they have a restraining order on you.

Um, yes you can, how do you think you get the restraining order in the first place? :-P
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:06 am

So the judge in the zimmerman case decided to allow info from zimmerman's past to be presented (such as police applications), but not martin's, who had a history of fighting.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:43 pm

I dunno fellas.  Seems to me that if the police dispatcher tells you to not follow the guy, and wants to stay where you are until the police arrive, and you follow him anyway, you have broken the law.  (You can get arrested for disobeying the cops).

We don't know what started the altercation between Zimmerman and Martin, but clearly there was one.  I can only imagine that if Zimmerman had done what the dispatcher told him to do, this wouldn't have happened.

Listening to that 911 tape, I immediately got the impression that Zimmerman wanted to hunt this kid down and he did it.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:36 am

Cant convict on impressions though, nor for not listening to the dispatcher. They may have a civil case where the bursen of proof is much lower.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:42 am

Somethig i posted on fb. You think that ifarijuana had been in zimmermans system as it was with martins, that it would be used against him? What if he had a history of getting in trouble like martin?

Also wonder how many black on black homicides have taken place outside of the medias attention since trayvon was shot? There are just so many non-legal aspects that have been injected into the case.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:44 am

Think a lot of that started with the 13 yr old pic of trayvon that the media picked up.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:53 pm

Yeah a lot of that is true.  The only reason this is national news is because Zimmerman (a light skinned Hispanic) is being seen as white.  The media is painting this as a white on black crime. 

I was unaware that pot was in Martin's system.  Haven't been keeping up that closely I guess.  But I didn't think Pot would make  you violent.  Alcohol will sometimes, but every pot head I ever knew was a very mellow fellow.  So I don't know why pot really would matter in this particular case (unless Martin had been driving).
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:06 am

Well apparently it doesnt matter, but my point is, you can bet your ass it would matter if zimmerman had it in his system. And of course the lawyers would contend that it effects your judgement yadda yadda.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down