Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Example of the Ignorance and Intolerance of Anti-gunners

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Example of the Ignorance and Intolerance of Anti-gunners Empty Example of the Ignorance and Intolerance of Anti-gunners

Post by Marconius Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:25 pm

Maybe this shoulda been put into the comedy section:

http://kotaku.com/5981327/hundreds-of-confused-anti+gun-people-think-im-a-gun-nutand-that-this-is-my-gun?post=57085812

Seems that thousands of anti-gunners thought the guy in the pic below was holding a real weapon.

Example of the Ignorance and Intolerance of Anti-gunners Medium_3ce16ecb6851fdac6329346672baea73

In a related story, apparently cops were called when some saw the very same set piece:

http://kotaku.com/5351721/police-swarm-to-bungie-on-weapons-call-during-kotaku-visit

It is these dumbasses(the same ones who think the 5.56 is a powerful round) that wanna take my rights away??? Really??? You gotta be kidding me. To think, people actually say I am being unfair when I ask them to learn something about that in which they want to talk about before they actually talk about it.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Example of the Ignorance and Intolerance of Anti-gunners Empty Re: Example of the Ignorance and Intolerance of Anti-gunners

Post by Sir Pun Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:54 pm

People are real gunshy nowdays. Thanks media, and for essentially making these assholes infamous

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Example of the Ignorance and Intolerance of Anti-gunners Empty Re: Example of the Ignorance and Intolerance of Anti-gunners

Post by Miles1 Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:58 am

you're talking about people on facebook here though, not the sharpest tools in the shed:

Example of the Ignorance and Intolerance of Anti-gunners 1_1347160537

Example of the Ignorance and Intolerance of Anti-gunners Facebook-makes-you-facepalm-so-hard-fail-dumb-people1

Example of the Ignorance and Intolerance of Anti-gunners Facebook-makes-you-facepalm-so-hard-fail-dumb-people20

Courtesy of 20 Dumbest People on Facebook Will Make You Lose Faith in Humanity :-P
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:17 am

I will say though that that gun is based off of a real (i think 14.5mm) anti-material sniper rifle though. Ill post a pick when im not on my phone

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:35 am

Example of the Ignorance and Intolerance of Anti-gunners NTW20mm

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:54 am

That a Barrett .50 cal? Seen those before. Apparently some Aussie special forces team got a confirmed kill at over 2800m in Afghanistan with one of those last year...
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:14 am

Miles1 wrote:That a Barrett .50 cal? Seen those before. Apparently some Aussie special forces team got a confirmed kill at over 2800m in Afghanistan with one of those last year...

Nope, not a Barrett.

Example of the Ignorance and Intolerance of Anti-gunners Barrett82A1

That is a Barrett 82A1 which is what they sell to the military(and any civilians with that much cash).

Most civis buy the model 99 or model 95.

Model 99(single shot):
Example of the Ignorance and Intolerance of Anti-gunners M99main2

Model 95:
Example of the Ignorance and Intolerance of Anti-gunners Model95

Two funny stories about Barrett:
1) California outlawed .50 cal rifles because they said they were too powerful(not like they have ever been used in a crime). What did Barrett do??? They created their own caliber and cartridge, the .416 Barrett. This caliber is 1.5X's more powerful than the .50 and is sold mainly in California.

2) A video of a .50 cal ricochet. Notice it hits the man's earmuffs. Listen close and you can hear the projectile whistle as it comes back to the shooter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhysoS2DC8M

Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:59 am

No that was a foreign 20mm big boy. Makes the .50 look like a pussy fart.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:11 am

Im sry 25mm which i believe is the largest bore round fired from true purpose sniper rifles. Barrett has something a little bigger but its just a glorified grenade launcher firing explosive rounds

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:13 am

Example of the Ignorance and Intolerance of Anti-gunners 20mmwith50a-1 heres a 20mm anzio take down rifle next to a .50 cal bmg

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:42 am

Pun wrote:Example of the Ignorance and Intolerance of Anti-gunners 20mmwith50a-1 heres a 20mm anzio take down rifle next to a .50 cal bmg

Bastard!!!

I was posting stuff about Anzio Ironworks as you posted that.

Many are up in arms over AR-15's. I'm glad they do not realize that I can buy a 20mm from Anzio.........or an F-15 from McDonald-Douglas........or even a Bradley.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:59 pm

Marconius wrote:
Miles1 wrote:That a Barrett .50 cal? Seen those before. Apparently some Aussie special forces team got a confirmed kill at over 2800m in Afghanistan with one of those last year...

Nope, not a Barrett.

Example of the Ignorance and Intolerance of Anti-gunners Barrett82A1

That is a Barrett 82A1 which is what they sell to the military(and any civilians with that much cash).

Most civis buy the model 99 or model 95.

Model 99(single shot):
Example of the Ignorance and Intolerance of Anti-gunners M99main2

Model 95:
Example of the Ignorance and Intolerance of Anti-gunners Model95

Two funny stories about Barrett:
1) California outlawed .50 cal rifles because they said they were too powerful(not like they have ever been used in a crime). What did Barrett do??? They created their own caliber and cartridge, the .416 Barrett. This caliber is 1.5X's more powerful than the .50 and is sold mainly in California.

2) A video of a .50 cal ricochet. Notice it hits the man's earmuffs. Listen close and you can hear the projectile whistle as it comes back to the shooter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhysoS2DC8M

To my understanding those would be illegal in California due to the pistol grips as well. While I don't think people should be able to own just whatever firearm they want, I will readily admit that California's gun laws completely miss the point.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:35 pm

As do most modern gun restrictions. Proof tough gun laws dont work can be found in chicago with the toughest gun laws in the country.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:42 pm

You guys hear good ole joe bidens advice on guns? He told his wife (who is surrounded by secret service agents btw) to just get a double barrel shotgun and go out onto the balcony and fore off a few rounds if she thinks someones outside. He also says an AR is harder to aim, harder to use, and not as effective. So the. Either we need to outlaw shotguns, or we dont need to outlaw ARs because theyre ineffective lol

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:33 pm

I think maybe one of the best looking CA legal "assault-style weapon" is the kel tec su16CA.
Example of the Ignorance and Intolerance of Anti-gunners KELTEC_02
Example of the Ignorance and Intolerance of Anti-gunners SU_16CA_Side_2.sized
Example of the Ignorance and Intolerance of Anti-gunners 726e162724
Though obviously all those wouldn't be legal in california, but its basically a poor mans AR. .223, compatability with many rail mounted AR accessories, and i like that the butt stock can carry either 2x10 round mags or 1x30 round mag. Theres also the E model which very much resembles an AR.

Example of the Ignorance and Intolerance of Anti-gunners SU16E_unfolded_6724

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:46 pm

Example of the Ignorance and Intolerance of Anti-gunners KELTEC_02

Reminds me of a M1.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:30 am

Well thats basically all ARs are, m1s with larger magazines. I mean of course pistol grips help with accuracy and stability, but its the same semiauto firing system. Garrands though are actually more like m14s, firing the .30 cal cartridge which is much more pwerful than the .223. Yet you dont hear anyone concerned about m14s, which have also had 30 round mags since vietnam. With all these mags, there are so many out that hold 30 rounds, and its such widespread and available (not new technology) that it doesnt make sense to try to ban the sale of them. Why should law abiders be limited to less than what is already readily available. Why should law abiders have to rely on double barreled shotgun, scissors or pooping on thselves?

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:49 am

Marc, whyd u decide to go with the 7.62 AR10? Just want something with a little more standoff capability?

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:38 pm

Pun wrote:Marc, whyd u decide to go with the 7.62 AR10? Just want something with a little more standoff capability?

Nope, it is my deerstand rifle as well as my nighttime hunt hogs over beanfield rifle. I really don't use it that much anymore. Most of the hunting I have been doing lately is daytime stalking. I bought a Ruger Mini30 for my wife and it has now supplanted my Winchester 1892 carbine as my goto brush gun. In the process of having a custom made scout rifle in .308 made. When it is done, it will be suppressor capable. The good news with all this anti-gun mess is that my sheriff finally decided that he would approve suppressor applications. I have been trying to get one for a few years now. Where we hunt hogs at night has some houses in the area. A suppressor would help us minimize the noise at 2 am so we won't bother my buddy's neighbors (we kinda quit 'cause they complained to us one morning).

That AR-10 is however, my most accurate firearm. I can shoot 1/4 MOA with it (old school 5 shot groups as well, not the new school 3 shot groups). For those that don't know, 1/4 MOA is basically 5 shots placed within a 1/4" at 100 yards.......that is more accurate than I can realistically shoot......we use a benchrest for accuracy test like that.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:12 pm

Pun wrote:I think maybe one of the best looking CA legal "assault-style weapon" is the kel tec su16CA.

Though obviously all those wouldn't be legal in california, but its basically a poor mans AR. .223, compatability with many rail mounted AR accessories, and i like that the butt stock can carry either 2x10 round mags or 1x30 round mag. Theres also the E model which very much resembles an AR.

Kel-Tec also makes one of those WTF weapons.

PLR-16:
Example of the Ignorance and Intolerance of Anti-gunners PLR-16

I cannot think of any uses for this firearm other than.......toy.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:12 pm

Thats the same weapon, just minus the butt stock and a shorter barrel. Look at that last pick of the E model (which i just realized has a pink trigger). Take that butt stock off and put the shorter foregrip and barrel on it and ur good to go. I believe the B model can even be fired with the buttstock folded under and i think the C has a folding buttsto k but cant b fired from that config. Also the A and B models have longer foregrips that can open up and serve as a tripod.

Example of the Ignorance and Intolerance of Anti-gunners 2953124310_9034124408

Example of the Ignorance and Intolerance of Anti-gunners Kel-tec-su16c-600x416
They also make this bullpup 7.62
Example of the Ignorance and Intolerance of Anti-gunners IMG_2087-600x450
And this badass little shotgun

Example of the Ignorance and Intolerance of Anti-gunners Ksg

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:14 pm

And i figured out bryant was prob talking abt an m1 carbine.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:20 pm

Pun wrote:Thats the same weapon, just minus the butt stock and a shorter barrel. Look at that last pick of the E model (which i just realized has a pink trigger). Take that butt stock off and put the shorter foregrip and barrel on it and ur good to go. I believe the B model can even be fired with the buttstock folded under and i think the C has a folding buttsto k but cant b fired from that config. Also the A and B models have longer foregrips that can open up and serve as a tripod.

What I don't like is the lack of stock on the PLR. Sure you can single point sling it, but accuracy really suffers in a weapon like that. Sub-guns are best left to pistol calibers instead of longarm calibers. With that short of a barrel, you are really losing too much velocity with the 5.56, or any other rifle round, for it to be effective at anything but punching paper. You need at least 14" of barrel to get any real performance outta the 5.56.

At least that is my opinion, but you know what they say about opinions.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:32 am

Honestly that shotgun looks like what id pick in a cqb situation.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:49 pm

Pun wrote:
Example of the Ignorance and Intolerance of Anti-gunners Ksg

Amazingly CA legal (get around our 10 round law by having two separate tubes, which apparently count as a reload).

Now if only I had $1200+ to spend on a shotgun... Example of the Ignorance and Intolerance of Anti-gunners Brickwall
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next