Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US arming terrorist groups???

3 posters

Go down

US arming terrorist groups??? Empty US arming terrorist groups???

Post by Dennis324 Wed May 01, 2013 5:26 am

There's no easy solution? How about not arming terrorist groups? How 'bout we start with that? Our intelligence doesn't know who the good guys are and who the bad guys are? Easy answer. There are no good guys over there. None!

Mark my words. The terrorist groups we help today will turn on us like a deranged pit bull tomorrow. Only this time they'll have better weapons.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

US arming terrorist groups??? Empty Re: US arming terrorist groups???

Post by Sir Pun Wed May 01, 2013 7:59 am

Is historically true. I alrdy heard thr the largest syrian rebel group has pledged alligiance to al qaeda. What a lot of ppl ddnt seem to grasp is that the global jihadi movement is connected. Its not just this group here and that group there. Theyre all connected online, and the real world. They train together, conspire together, and upon support from each others. They learn from each other. And they radicalize others and bring them into their fold.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Wed May 01, 2013 2:06 pm

Pun wrote:Is historically true. I alrdy heard thr the largest syrian rebel group has pledged alligiance to al qaeda. What a lot of ppl ddnt seem to grasp is that the global jihadi movement is connected. Its not just this group here and that group there. Theyre all connected online, and the real world. They train together, conspire together, and upon support from each others. They learn from each other. And they radicalize others and bring them into their fold.

Thats too simple. There are groups aligned with al-qaeda that want to create a global Islamic state, then there are other moderate and secularist groups (the ones who started the uprising). Within the rebel movement there is lots in infighting between groups. Arming the moderate and secular groups might be a good short term and long term strategy, assuming we can keep the arms out of the islamists' hands. I'm not sure how practical that is.

Rebel Infighting
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Wed May 01, 2013 2:19 pm

Ok, so one group is practicing political jihad (as with the rise of islamism in all these arab spring countries) and the other is practicing militant jihad, but they both have the same ambitions, and again are connected in one form or another

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Wed May 01, 2013 3:26 pm

Pun wrote:Ok, so one group is practicing political jihad (as with the rise of islamism in all these arab spring countries) and the other is practicing militant jihad, but they both have the same ambitions, and again are connected in one form or another

Hardly the case. You have some factions (largely backed and staffed by foreigners) that are fighting jihad against Assad, and you have some factions that are secular or moderate (ie non-islamist) fighting for their freedom. Like I said, its far more complex than your 'jihad everywhere' world view allows. Some of these rebel groups are nasty terrorist types, others are the kind of people we want in power, and the two hardly get along (there have been several instances of the secularists attacking the jihadist groups).

Interesting side note, the al-quida backed rebel jihadists are fighting the Iran backed jihad group Hezbollah (who have sent militants to support Assad). Now those are two nasty groups I'd love to see destroy each other.

The main problem in most of the Arab Spring countries is that the protesters, the ones who fought and bled for their revolutions, were too disorganized, which allowed organized groups like the Muslim Brotherhood to swoop in and fill the political vacuum. It'll be interesting to see if Egypt has a second revolution in the near future. Lots of angry youth, including the ones who brought down the old regime, oppose the Brotherhood.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Wed May 01, 2013 4:45 pm

Just watch what gappens when assad is gone. It will simply be a repeat of tunisia, egypt, and lybia. These old school dictators (not saying they didnt suck becuz they were dictators) where all that stood in the way of islamism. And we just sent egypt like 20 jets and something like 200 abrams tanks...

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Wed May 01, 2013 5:13 pm

Pun wrote:Just watch what gappens when assad is gone. It will simply be a repeat of tunisia, egypt, and lybia. These old school dictators (not saying they didnt suck becuz they were dictators) where all that stood in the way of islamism. And we just sent egypt like 20 jets and something like 200 abrams tanks...

You do realize that Assad has historically provided support for Hezbollah, right? Thats why Hezbollah is backing him. What will likely happen after Assad falls is a nasty civil war between the Islamists and the secularists (FSA). Unlike in Tunisia, Egypt, and Libya, the secularists in Syria are armed and somewhat organized. Who is better armed and able to best sell their case to the people will likely be the deciding factor.

Last edited by Bryant on Thu May 02, 2013 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed FSA acronymn)
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Wed May 01, 2013 7:10 pm

Im not saying assad is a food choice, im just saying i dont see any real good choices at all

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Fri May 03, 2013 2:11 am

I agree. I don't trust any of those groups. All hate our ally Israel. And I'm pretty sure all of em hate us too. Sure, they want our money and power and will act like our best buddies until they get what they want. Then they'll turn on us like these groups always have.

I think none of them will be satisfied until they have a global caliphate and their flag is flying over the white house.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:12 am

US arming terrorist groups??? Polls_obamabow_0216_392350_poll_xlarge
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down