Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

U.S. strategy puts it in middle of 'holy war'

Go down

U.S. strategy puts it in middle of 'holy war' Empty U.S. strategy puts it in middle of 'holy war'

Post by Dennis324 Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:52 am

WASHINGTON – Not only has the United States decided to begin providing weapons to the Syrian opposition, now Sunni Muslim clerics from the Gulf Cooperating Council countries, which are backed by the U.S. in arming and providing fighters to the opposition, have issued a fatwa calling for a “holy war” against Syria and its Shiite allies, principally Hezbollah, according to Joseph Farah’s G2 Bulletin.
The fatwa, which signals the beginning of an all-out Sunni-Shia sectarian conflict, comes as foreign fighters led by the al-Qaida-affiliated Jabhat al-Nusra killed 60 Shiite civilians in Hatla, Syria. Many were women and children.  The homes of the 60 Shiites were burned down. The Sadeq al-Amin rebel brigade torched the Shiite homes because of the residents’ support for the regime of embattled Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, who is a Shiite Alawite.  The foreign fighters are backed principally by Qatar and Saudi Arabia in their efforts to overthrow the Assad government.

In addition to Qatar and Saudi Arabia, the Sunni GCC countries are Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman and the United Arab Emirates.
Syria is engaged in a civil war, but outsiders, including Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Turkey – all of whom are backed by the U.S. – have been providing financial and logistical support and fighters from various brigades affiliated with al-Qaida, such as Jabhat al-Nusra. There are an estimated 50,000 such al-Qaida-affiliated foreign fighters.

Opposing them are Shia Iran, its Lebanese proxy Hezbollah, as well as Russia and China.
Now, the U.S. wants to send arms to the opposition based on an “intelligence assessment” that the Syrian government used chemical weapons against the opposition.

The “assessment” – whose contents remain classified – goes against an initial finding a few months ago by a special investigative team from the United Nations that determined the opposition used the chemical weapons in an artillery attack on the northern Syrian city of Aleppo.
A similar “intelligence assessment” that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction prompted the U.S. to invade Iraq in March 2003. After the  spending $1 trillion and losing more than 4,500 U.S. military personnel, the country politically leans toward Iran.
The weapons the Obama administration is to provide remain open to question. There still is the issue of determining how the weapons will not get to the increasing number of al-Qaida fighters who are mixed in with the Syrian opposition and in many cases are leading the fighting in Syria.

Al-Qaida ultimately wants to create a Sunni Wahhabi caliphate, (My note*  Glenn Beck predicted this 3 or 4 years ago and was ridiculed for it) which would subject some 23 million Syrians to Islamic law, or Shariah.

“(President Barack) Obama actually did not want to invoke direct military aid to the rebels fighting to topple the Assad government or even to make use of American military power in Syria for several reasons,” according to Beirut-based international lawyer Franklin Lamb.
“Among these are the lack of American public support for yet another American war in the Middle East, the fact that there appears to be no acceptable alternative to the Assad government on the horizon, the position of the U.S. intelligence community and the State Department and Pentagon that intervention in Syria would potentially turn out very badly for the U.S. and gut what’s left of its influence in the region.”
Now, Iran has announced plans to send some 4,000 troops from the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps.

For some time, IRGC advisers have been working alongside Syrian military commanders to help reverse the recent losses by the government.
Sources say the introduction of more weapons in an already volatile crisis will only exacerbate the crisis in Syria and expand it throughout the entire Middle East region.

Such a development ultimately will pit Shiite Iran against Sunni Saudi Arabia, but with a questionable involvement by the United States, which already has been involved in four other Middle East wars.

You know....I'm beginning to get some small idea of what the anti war activists during Vietnam may have thought.  Why are we getting involved in this? These people don't like us even a little bit.   What do we get out of it?  How is it in our national interest?  Why is Obama arming these people, but refused to act during the Iranian rebellion in '09???  He helped in Libya as well, but not during the Iranian uprising. 

If someone was invading Israel, I could understand helping the Israelis, but they really don't need help anyway.  But I'm worried that these arms we are selling will be turned on us and our allies (Israel) at some point.  Those fighters over there are ungrateful people who think a Holy War will assure them 70 virgins or whatever.  They'll reward us by stabbing us in the back as soon as they can.  Look at the Benghazi attacks.  This was supposedly done by people we helped in Libya only a year or so ago. 

What the heck is Obama thinking????  Practically every time we've gotten involved with Islamic nations, its blown up in our face.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

U.S. strategy puts it in middle of 'holy war' Empty By Arming Syria Rebels, US Drawn Into Proxy War

Post by Dennis324 Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:04 am

By Arming Syria Rebels, US Drawn Into Proxy War

By KARIN LAUB Associated Press
June 15, 2013 (AP)

President Barack Obama's decision to begin arming Syria's rebels deepens U.S. involvement in a regional proxy war that is increasingly being fought along sectarian lines, pitting Sunni against Shiite Muslims, and threatening the stability of Syria's neighbors.

Arming the rebels is bound to heighten U.S. tensions with Russia, a staunch ally of Syrian President Bashar Assad. It could further escalate a brutal, if deadlocked, civil war that has killed nearly 93,000 people and displaced millions, with no end in sight. There are fears that Assad's stockpile of chemical weapons, believed to be one of the world's largest, could fall into the hands of Islamic extremist groups or that he might unleash them if he feels cornered.  ABC News

Ok, I have a coupla questions here. 

1. Do we have astronauts at the intl space station right now?  If so, and if we are in a proxy war with Russia, how in the heck are we gonna get that person home?

2. The Russians currently have only way to get to the Space Station.  Thus they are soaring over us right now.  If worse comes to worse, is this a good thing?  Do we want what amounts to a Russian base flying right over our heads?  How do we know the Russians wont somehow arm that base?

This administration has so bungled this entire affair is incredible.  U.S. strategy puts it in middle of 'holy war' 32169418
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

U.S. strategy puts it in middle of 'holy war' Empty Re: U.S. strategy puts it in middle of 'holy war'

Post by Dennis324 Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:25 am

Well, I felt so strongly about this issue that I wrote my senators and Representatives.  I told them pretty much everything I told you guys.  My one letter wont stop this plan, but I would hope that everyone write their Congress people to express their concerns as well.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

U.S. strategy puts it in middle of 'holy war' Empty Re: U.S. strategy puts it in middle of 'holy war'

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down