Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fox News, The Constitution, and Islam

3 posters

Go down

Fox News, The Constitution, and Islam Empty Fox News, The Constitution, and Islam

Post by Bryant Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:27 am

Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fox News, The Constitution, and Islam Empty Re: Fox News, The Constitution, and Islam

Post by Sir Pun Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:06 pm

Couldnt get it to play but read the tag and said fox jettison constitutional amendments. Translation plz

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Fox News, The Constitution, and Islam Empty Re: Fox News, The Constitution, and Islam

Post by Bryant Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:32 pm

Pun wrote:Couldnt get it to play but read the tag and said fox jettison constitutional amendments. Translation plz

Is the link not working or are you having trouble with Comedy Central's website? If the problem is on our side I can try to fix it.

It was Jon Stewart criticizing the hypocrisy of several FOX commentators (Hannity, Coulter, and several others whose names I don't know) for criticizing reading the Boston Bombing suspect his Miranda rights, arguing he should be denied a civilian trial, calling for him to be tortured, saying that all mosques should be arbitrarily wire tapped, and that the bombers wife should be jailed just for wearing a hijab. While claiming to be the champions of the Constitution, they turn around and call for the violation of 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th amendments of the Constitution (Stewart claims the 9th as well, but I don't see the rational for his argument). He did, however, point out that FOX's legal consultants did oppose these statements (like whats-his-name, the former-justice libertarian guy).

Last edited by Bryant on Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammer)
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:59 pm

I heard someone on Fox's "The Five" (I think) say the guy ought to be waterboarded. Or maybe it was Hannity. And I've heard Hannity say it was a mistake to read this guy his miranda rights too.

As for Ann Coulter...hey, even "I" dont pay much attention to her. She's too far right for me. But it should be pointed out that she's just a contributer...and doesnt have her own show.

I dunno what I think about reading him his rights. While we might have been able to get more info from him, really I'm leaning toward thinking he needed to have his rights read to him. My reason mainly is because he was captured by the Boston police (with the help of ATF and FBI) in Boston and (unfortunately) he is an American Citizen on American soil. Glenn Beck was also adamant that he be read his rights.

Really there is no question about him getting a civilian trial despite what some pundits have said. He was always going to get a civilian trial. Again, he's an American citizen on American soil (which imo, should make a difference).

I havent heard anything about his wife needing to be jailed for wearing a hijab. You know, back in the 40s, 50s and early 60s women often wore head scarves, usually because they wanted to make a quick run to market without having to take a long time get their hair done . This garment didnt normally cover the face and it looked a lot like the hijab some Muslim women wear today. It usually doesnt obscure the face like a burkha and so I just dont see a problem with this. In fact, I sort of admire that some women think enough of themselves to do this(as long as a man isnt beating them at home and forcing them to wear one).
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:20 pm

Well not just the pundits but but the big government homeland/national security hawks too, like **sigh** lindsaay graham and johnny mccain. I dont agree with any of them and feel like dennis basically

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down