Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS FLASH !!!!!

3 posters

Go down

NEWS FLASH !!!!! Empty NEWS FLASH !!!!!

Post by Marconius Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:31 am

For the past couple of days, there has been an uproar, on some internet boards and blogs, about the UN monitoring upcoming US elections.......I even got an e-mail Very Happy

No people, the UN ain't coming. It is all very innocent really.

http://www.undispatch.com/note-to-demagogues-the-un-is-not-monitoring-the-us-election

*disclaimer*I know none of you guys peeped a word about this, but since I am posting in other areas.....might as well start a quick topic on it here.

Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

NEWS FLASH !!!!! Empty Re: NEWS FLASH !!!!!

Post by Miles1 Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:51 am

Well, my take on that is if you have nothing to hide, all they're going to see is how an election is run properly, right? If you know that everything is going to be fair and above board, you should be inviting as many observers in as possible and showing the Kazakhs, Georgians etc "yes, this is how it is done, go home and show your people". If you don't think that there is nothing to hide however.....

Are you going to get pissed off now Marc if I point out that the only ones that seem to be up in a heap over this seem to be from a particular political leaning? Or is that just the way it was reported?

And what do you think about that comment by the Alabama Speaker: "It’s bad enough that Alabama remains trapped under the provisions of the Voting Rights Act"?
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:25 am

Nope, I ain't upset. I noticed what side was in an uproar. They are more of the neo-con flavor than what I am.

Besides, I am through with the GOP. After what they did to RP's delegates, I got no use for them. F*ck the neo-cons.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:51 pm

My understanding is that the only people upset were in Texas. The rest of us are sort of amused at the very idea of the UN suggesting we need to be monitored. Lol!
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:25 pm

Dennis324 wrote:My understanding is that the only people upset were in Texas. The rest of us are sort of amused at the very idea of the UN suggesting we need to be monitored. Lol!

That's just it Dennis. It isn't the UN or even an organization affiliated with the UN and it wasn't them that suggested it. GWB actually suggested it before the 2004 elections and they have watched every one since.

We invited them here to show them what a free election is supposed to look like. It is a teaching tool. Nothing more and nothing less.

So once again:

The UN is not monitoring our elections.

No group or individual claimed that we needed monitoring.

It is much todo about nothing.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:02 pm

Miles1 wrote:

And what do you think about that comment by the Alabama Speaker: "It’s bad enough that Alabama remains trapped under the provisions of the Voting Rights Act"?

In order to have an honest discussion about that topic, you must first understand that the provision he is talking about unfairly targets southern states. The act, as written, assumes that nothing has changed in the south and it forces several southern states to get what other states do not need. They are forced to get all changes to the election process preapproved by the justice department.

Now why force a handful of states to jump through hoops that others are not required??? Are we not a different south??? Do Federal records show that we have less hate groups, less hate crime, and higher inter-racial marriage rates than most of the country??? Haven't we had an huge influx of "tolerant and civilized" northerners migrate into our states over the past few decades???

This is not 1965. We should be able to play by the same rules as the rest and to casually make this a race issue is both ignorant and disengenous. To continue this race baiting bullshit is to ignore the fact that races in tUSA get along better than anywhere else in the world(yes even better than in Ireland). All race issues in this nation are now grossly overblown. There is no arguing that.

Pretty much sums up my feelings on that.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down