Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F*ck the Food and Water; We Need Guns and Ammo!

2 posters

Go down

F*ck  the Food and Water; We Need Guns and Ammo! Empty F*ck the Food and Water; We Need Guns and Ammo!

Post by Marconius Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:35 am

I was reading this and had to laugh at the very end. Read the last line of this article. Many people believe that what is happening in Syria cannot happen here. This is exactly why we were given the 2nd Amendment, so that it hopefully will not happen here. Of course with people questioning the meaning of the founding fathers. They say things like "they never intended for us to have high power, high capacity firearms or fully automatic weapons". It is for this very reason that YES, they DID us to have them and it shows in much of their own writings.

"Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state." Thomas Jefferson

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them." Richard Henry Lee

"The best we can help for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

"On every question of construction (of the Constitution) let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed." Thomas Jefferson

By NBC News, msnbc.com and news services

BOYNUYOGUN, Turkey -- An anti-Syrian government activist described weeks he spent in the regime's torture chambers, saying he sometimes wished death would come and relieve him of the overwhelming pain.

"You hear the voices," Yousef Dandash, a 25-year-old merchant from Jisr al-Shughour in Syria's northern Idlib, told NBC News' Richard Engel on Saturday. "You hear the sounds of men crying, real men shouting from the depth of their hearts. You ... pray that God takes you before you go back to the torture."
Speaking at a refugee camp on the Turkish border with Syria, Dandash said he was detained for six weeks in March after tearing up a picture of President Bashar Assad in public.

"They took me to solitary confinement … with no access to a toilet," he said. "Every day there was beating and torture (and) electricity."

He showed NBC News scars that he said were caused by prolonged bouts of torture.

His captors then took him to the capital Damascus, where he was put in a virtual underground city, Dandash said.

"There the torture and the beating started. I was blindfolded all the time and my hands tied behind my back," he said.

Dandash managed to flee to Turkey after security forces took him back to a detention center in his town, where a judge decided to release him until his trial. His brother Ammar, who was a soldier, deserted and came with him across the border.

The growing numbers of Syrians fleeing to the country's neighbors attest to the growing violence in Syria where Assad is trying to suppress a months-long rebellion. Some 10,000 refugees are now registered in tented refugee camps and the number is rising steadily.

On Sunday, voting was under way in the referendum on a new constitution in some parts of the country. Assad has said the poll will lead to a multi-party parliamentary election in three months, but his opponents see the vote as a joke given Syria's turmoil.

The Syrian government, backed by Russia, China and Iran, and undeterred by Western and Arab pressure to halt the carnage, maintains it is fighting foreign-backed "armed terrorist groups."

Unwilling to intervene militarily and unable to get the U.N. Security Council to act amid Russian and Chinese opposition, Western powers have imposed their own sanctions on Syria and backed an Arab League call for Assad to step down.

Dandash called the international stance on his country "weak" and "impotent” and called for the world to arm anti-Assad forces, not send humanitarian aid.

"We do not want food and water," he said. "We need rifles and ammunition."

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/26/10510131-syrian-tells-nbc-you-hear-the-sounds-of-torture-all-the-time
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

F*ck  the Food and Water; We Need Guns and Ammo! Empty Re: F*ck the Food and Water; We Need Guns and Ammo!

Post by Bryant Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:01 am

I don't see how the article connects with your argument. Many of the rebels are in fact armed with assault rifles and rocket propelled grenades, however those are no match for Assad's tanks and artillery. The only people who could afford the types of weapons to fight the US government if there where to be a civil war here would be those I would least like to have that power. The days of being able to hold off a hostile force with basic weaponry are long gone.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

F*ck  the Food and Water; We Need Guns and Ammo! Empty Re: F*ck the Food and Water; We Need Guns and Ammo!

Post by Marconius Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:56 pm

Bryant wrote:I don't see how the article connects with your argument. Many of the rebels are in fact armed with assault rifles and rocket propelled grenades, however those are no match for Assad's tanks and artillery. .

It is just the last line of the article that made me go on my rant. Did I overdo it???

The only people who could afford the types of weapons to fight the US government if there where to be a civil war here would be those I would least like to have that power. The days of being able to hold off a hostile force with basic weaponry are long gone.

The point is to keep the populace armed to a point not as to actually fight against government, but to actually keep government deterred in the first place. For that to be successful, we do not need to own Stingers or RPG's. The current state of our laws dealing with firearms is enough.

Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down