Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE BABY AND THE BAATH WATER

4 posters

Go down

THE BABY AND THE BAATH WATER Empty THE BABY AND THE BAATH WATER

Post by Miles1 Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:06 am

THE BABY AND THE BAATH WATER

A "compelling look at how the US intelligence and military services have botched regime change and justice-by-bombs in Syria, over the past 65 or so years". Too long to copy/paste and has videos embedded, so click the link to read/watch.
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

THE BABY AND THE BAATH WATER Empty Re: THE BABY AND THE BAATH WATER

Post by Sir Pun Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:01 pm

Not just syria

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:28 pm

I don't even need to read it. I already know. I still hate the fact that I let personal feelings dictate my feelings about Iraq. I always felt we left a job undone. Whether that feeling was true or not, it just stuck in my craw for 11 years.

Prolly check it out when I have some time and once I get back to internet service that lets me view vids. I can't watch any vids, regardless of content, out here.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:03 pm

The older I get, the more...isolationist I get.  I'm not a pure isolationist mind you.  But where 20-30 years ago I may have thought we should launch  missiles or flex our military might (I was much younger), the Afghanistan and Iraq war has proven to me that we're just wasting time and money and lives when we do so.  That's why I don't want to get involved in Syria.  I cant stand the Assad regime.  He's a killer.  But the alternative is probably much worse that Assad!  I didn't want to get involved in Libya and I was fighting Kadafi back in the 80s.  But I'm not sure things are any better there for us now that he's gone.

You remove a dictator and terrorists are sucked into the power vacuum.

I do support covert missions in some cases.  But the problem with the CIA isn't the mission.  The problem is the people running things.  If the right people were acting as CIA directors, I think things would be better.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down