Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Westboro Baptist Church to picket funerals of victims of the Boston Marathon

3 posters

Go down

Westboro Baptist Church to picket funerals of victims of the Boston Marathon Empty Westboro Baptist Church to picket funerals of victims of the Boston Marathon

Post by Miles1 Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:04 am

Westboro Baptist Church to picket funerals of victims of the Boston Marathon

Following the tragic and apparent terrorist attack during the Boston Marathon on Monday afternoon, the American people came together in mourning and worry about the events that day. While millions of Americans looked on with a heavy heart, not everyone was as sympathetic.

As the day moved on after the bombs exploded near the finish line of the Boston Marathon, the infamous Christian church, the Westboro Baptist Church took to their twitter account to express their feelings about the situation, once again blaming same-sex marriage and America's growing acceptance of LGBT equality for the tragic events.

"Westboro Baptist @WBCSays

In light of #BostonMarathon #explosion, @BostonGlobe, the #SignOfTheDay is now officially

10:56 PM - 15 Apr 13"

God sent the Boston Marathon Bombs for the sin of Massachusetts passing same-sex marriage! #SHAME #USAsDoom

9:11 PM - 15 Apr 13"

Thank God for the Boston Marathon Bombs! Praise God Almighty for the outpouring of His perfect & just wrath!! #WBCToPicket #Magormissabib

9:12 PM - 15 Apr 13"

Margie Phelps, the daughter of head pastor of WBC Fred Phelps, didn't hold back when it came to giving her option as well.

"MargiePhelps @MargieJPhelps

Blood on his hands. His abortion & #SSM caused it! #shame MT @DNDailyPolitics: @BarackObama Discusses Explosions #BostonMarathon #POTUS

10:15 PM - 15 Apr 13"

"MargiePhelps @MargieJPhelps

Too late! You've enraged God w #SSM Mr. President. #stopit MT @CapehartJ: POTUS:American people will say prayer for people of Boston tonight

10:18 PM - 15 Apr 13"

According to the Inquisitr, members of the Westboro Baptist Church are planning to picket the funerals of those who died during the bombings. The church has famously picket many funerals in the past, from celebrities to soldiers, so an appearance by the church should be expected

Westboro Baptist Church to picket funerals of victims of the Boston Marathon 537000_442728052488607_1129028423_n
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Westboro Baptist Church to picket funerals of victims of the Boston Marathon Empty Re: Westboro Baptist Church to picket funerals of victims of the Boston Marathon

Post by Sir Pun Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:26 am

Gotta thi k theres a special place in hell for these douchebags.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Westboro Baptist Church to picket funerals of victims of the Boston Marathon Empty Re: Westboro Baptist Church to picket funerals of victims of the Boston Marathon

Post by Dennis324 Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:57 am

Reminds me of the people in the UK who applauded during Margaret Thatcher's funeral.

Classy. Rolling Eyes
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:33 am

Dennis324 wrote:Reminds me of the people in the UK who applauded during Margaret Thatcher's funeral.

The difference is a lot of people have/had legitimate grievances against Maggie, given that a lot of them lost their jobs/livelihoods when she broke the trade unions over the Miner's strike and closed down a lot of the mines. Maybe that doesn't excuse applauding at the funeral, but there is a reason they didn't like her. Westbro, on the other hand, are doing what they do because they think their own particular version of vengeful judgemental old testament imaginary-friend-in-the-sky wants them to.
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:28 pm

I can understand people not liking her. I didnt like Ted Kennedy. I couldnt stand him. But I couldnt imagine showing up at his funeral to cheer as the coffin passed by. Total lack of class.

I do agree with you about the Westboro nuts. They are a legitimate hate group and should be labeled as such. Those type of people make ya wanna get violent on them. But you cant of course.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down