Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line Empty Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Post by Dennis324 Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:41 pm

BOSTON- Two explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon have resulted in injuries.

Bloody spectators were being carried Monday to the medical tent that had been set up to care for fatigued runners. Police wove through competitors as they ran back toward the course.

"There are a lot of people down," said one man, whose bib No. 17528 identified him as Frank Deruyter of North Carolina.

He was not injured, but marathon workers were carrying one woman, who did not appear to be a runner, to the medical area as blood gushed from her leg. A Boston police officer was wheeled from the course with a leg injury that was bleeding.

About three hours after the winners crossed the line, there was a loud explosion on the north side of Boylston Street, just before the photo bridge that marks the finish line.

Another explosion could be heard a few seconds later.

This is all I know so far.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line Empty Re: Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Post by Sir Pun Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:34 pm

If it proves to be al qaeda, an affiliate, or any jihadi group, then i would say theyve obviously figured out that new york is a freaking fortress now, and moved onto easier targets. Unless is a mcvey or atlanta olympics bomber. But lets look at these few details. Multiple, simultaneous or strung out bombings are a hallmark of al qaeda as is getting the most publicity and media exposure for their buck out of attacks, AND its within the same 24 hours as a strig of attacks across iraq as well.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line Empty Re: Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Post by Dennis324 Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:54 pm

Exactly what I was thinking. I've been worried about our enemies bombing soft targets (malls, sporting events, etc) since 9/11.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:06 pm

I e been more worried about them picking up on the mass shootings domestically, especially at schools, in mumbai style attacks. I think if there were more than one of these, with 3-4 guys basically killing everyone in the school and however many LEOs they can take with them, it be by far more psychologically damaging to the country than 9/11. Talk about bringing it home to middle america...

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:10 pm

At least the WH "believes" it was a "terror attack." Im like, gee, you think? Pretty much by legal definition, it cant be called anything else. But i think we know thats lib codeword for jihadi attack, without labeling it such.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:20 pm

Current death toll 3 with 130 injured.

I think obama was behind that. Those were preplanted demolitions charges put in through the sewers by men in black suits.

But seriously, does douchebag get any blame for this? I mean we havnt ben interrogating ppl, weve been dropping hellfires on them...remember the underwear bomber only foiled by luck, and the time square bomber foiled by a usual passerby too...

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:21 pm

Oh yeah and lets not forget benghazi, shit. How the fuck are we fighting this war?

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:23 pm

Where all the kids and families were waiting for their loved ones to finish...

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:24 pm

Total of 5 devices found

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:13 am

"Federal investigators said no one had claimed responsibility for the bombings one of the city’s most famous civic holidays, Patriots Day. But the blasts among the throngs of spectators raised fears of a terrorist attack.

President Barack Obama was careful not to use the words “terror” or “terrorism” as he spoke at the White House Monday after the deadly bombings, but an administration official said the bombings were being treated as an act of terrorism."

Im sry but this bothers me. Well wtf else can it be treated as? So again im picking up that "terror" is codeword for islamist terrorism, but nobody wants to say it. I mean if it were a domestic nutter responsible, would that make it any less of a "terrorist" attack?

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:44 am

Something else i ddnt think abt is tht the new york marwthon back in november was cancelled due to sandy, and that might have changed someones plans.

Secondly, how can any city that hosts a marathon secure 26+ miles of road and sidewalks, sewer and utilities tunnels, without shutting the city down? Imagine you had times square stretched out over 26 miles

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:48 am

I still say if the jihadis want to really screw with america, theyve got to get in close and personal. At least so far, i feel that they may not understand american psychology so well. They dont have to pick targets with lots of cameras rolling to show the attack. Was there video of newtown? Nope, but it was just as traumatizing. They gotta make ppl look over their shoulders in their own towns

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:24 am

There's no question this is terrorism. Be it domestic or otherwise. I dont know why the politicians and news media are quibbling over the term. What else could it be?

I think I heard them say they were questioning a Saudi student. Also that they are going through someone's apartment...maybe several apartments. The FBI knows something.

You know...we criticize our govt all the time, and its true politicians aggrevate me to no end. But these rescuers, the FBI, the police, etc....thats our govt at work. I wtched a video and saw the explosion...immediately police began running TOWARD the explosion, risking their lives. Thank God we have such dedicated men and women.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:30 am

Apparently its the appt of this 21 year old saudi who was partially burnt in one of the blasts and had the smell of gun powder on him. Hes the person of interest being guarded at the hospital

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:31 am

Apparently at the scene he said something about thinking there were supposed to be two explosions and asking if anyone died

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:37 am

Hmmm... gunpower residue on him?

You know...with all the cameras in that city during the set up for the marathon, heck there are probably cameras thee anyway, they'l probably find out who planted those explosives. Plus forensics will probably be able to reconstruct the bombs themselves, look at the materials and find out where they came from, then trace them back to the culprit.

I'm beginning to think this may be the work of a lone person or maybe a small group unaffiliated with a known terrorist group, because usually when something like this happens, some group starts claiming responsibility. If Al-Quaida or a group like that doesnt claim responsibility in the next few days, then its probably the work of a lone guy. (Maybe even an American).

Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:44 am

Mystery man on roof near Boston Marathon bombing sparks controversy

I just saw several links on Yahoo to this story, so I just picked on. Apparently some are saying they saw a man on the roof of one of the buildings during the explo9sions. Might be nothing but....
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:36 am

The more i hear, the more likely it is thats its a small cell. I mean four explosives planted, all meant to go off in succession are all al qaeda hallmarks.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:37 am

And thats alot of work for one person

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:52 am

Okay only two devices now, but still, someone carrying two bags, you would have to think would draw attention. Plus some analysts say that the blasts themselves look like the explosive tetp (i think thats it) which is used in a lot of ieds, and easily attained. Also the relatively small explosions were only meant to be powerful enough to spew out the massive amounts of shrapnel packed around them.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:10 am

Now theyre saying like it looks like the bombs may have been designed to maim rather than kill, cuz most of the injuries were to the lower body, obviously not only indicating it was detonated from the ground, but also that they may have been a little more sophisticated, designed with more of a shaped charge instead of a spherical explosion.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:10 am

Probably why one fatality was a kid

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:07 pm

Pun: Where did you get that info on the Saudi from? All sources I've seen indicate that there currently are no suspects.

NYP Saudi Suspect Story Debunked
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:23 pm

Apparently the latest is it looks like the bombs were pressure cookers filled with gunpowder and ball bearings, which is a bomb recipe readily found on the internet. Sounds more like a home-grown operation than Al Quaeda - if it were them, then they'd have been all over the news boasting about it by now. Hell, am surprised they didn't try to claim the credit regardless of whether they did it or not.

Then again, Alex Jones had it pegged as a false flag operation by the government almost before the bodies had hit the ground.....
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:07 pm

They released the saudi student either lastnight or this morning.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next