Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Westbro Baptist Church.....

4 posters

Go down

Westbro Baptist Church..... Empty Westbro Baptist Church.....

Post by Miles1 Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:10 am

Soldier Takes Down Westboro Baptist Goon For Stomping On American Flag

Let’s be honest, no one likes the Westboro Baptist Church. They push the limits of the First Amendment to the breaking point and they don’t do it for a higher cause; they do it solely in the service of self-aggrandizement. Why else show up at military funerals with signs about how “God Loves Dead Soldiers?”

In keeping with their pathological attention whoring, a few of the WBC’s cult members showed up at the funeral for Staff Sgt. Donna Johnson last week. Johnson was killed by a suicide bomber in Afghanistan so, of course, Fred Phelps, the leader of the WBC, felt the need to celebrate. Also, as usual, hundreds of people showed up to form a human wall between them and the funeral. This time, however, one of Phelps’ followers thought it would make a statement if he were to stomp on the American flag.

At a military funeral.

Attended by a number of veterans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROiQ-RA5xqI#!

So that didn’t seem to be such a good idea, after all.

The incident was caught from multiple angles but if it’s not clear, one man distracts the police (ostensibly there to keep the cult from being beaten to death) while another runs up and tackles the extremely foolish person stepping on the flag. As the police haul him off for arrest, two others snatch the flag and carry it to safety.

Reportedly, the attacker, a US soldier, was not charged and later released.

I can’t say I’m particularly upset with the events of the day and I find it unlikely that any jury would bother to convict the soldier or find in favor of the WBC in a civil case. That being said, I’m not looking forward to the day when someone does more than simply tackle one of these sick people. It’s obvious they’re desperate to be martyred for some reason and the best revenge is to let Fred Phelps go to his grave with his deepest desire unfulfilled.
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Westbro Baptist Church..... Empty Re: Westbro Baptist Church.....

Post by Dennis324 Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:16 am

I neer actually saw anyone stomping on the flag, but the video was shaky. So I'll take your word for it.

We live in a free society. People have the freedom to do a lot of things, including be hurtful, insulting, stupid and hateful.

However, there is almost always a price to pay for the things you do in life. Sometimes that price is an @ss whuppin.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:30 am

Aside from your distaste of WBC, I have a couple of honest questions for ya Miles.

I have found, over my years of participation in social media, that many individuals in other countries find our fascination with tUS flag to be overly strong and they do not understand it.

How do you feel about many US citizen's feelings about our flag???

How would this have played out in Ireland???
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:31 am

Good question. Its funny about what people from different countries think about us. I knew an exhange student from London who I took to lunch once in college. The first thing she asked me were all these questions about racism here in the south. I guess the folks in England think we are still living in the 1950s here. Lol!

Apparently many feel that we southerns are war-mongering, ignorant, inbred, toothless, racists who have sex with animals, eat the parts of animals others toss away and who go fishing with our hands (noodling) and have sex with our siblings. Rolling Eyes
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:05 pm

What the heck do you mean Dennis??? Heck man people in our own country think the very same stupid stuff.

A few years ago, I was on a Myspace NCAA football group board. A guy from Oregon didn't like what I had to say about the Ducks(something along the lines of being egotistical even though they had never won anything of worth....like a championship). His response was to call me....and I quote...."An inbred racist". So my response was to link him with a couple of pages fron us.gov. These pages show that Louisiana ranks low in terms of incest and hate groups(as well as hate crimes). Oregon on the other hand ranked near the top in all three.

Misinformation and prejudgice abounds. Kinda reminds me of a comment recently made that insinuated that racists or only GOP or unaffiliated.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:07 pm

Damn, mispellings anf typos are evrywhere in that last post. I used a touchscreen phone so please forgive.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:11 pm

Marconius wrote:What the heck do you mean Dennis??? Heck man people in our own country think the very same stupid stuff.

A few years ago, I was on a Myspace NCAA football group board. A guy from Oregon didn't like what I had to say about the Ducks(something along the lines of being egotistical even though they had never won anything of worth....like a championship). His response was to call me....and I quote...."An inbred racist". So my response was to link him with a couple of pages fron us.gov. These pages show that Louisiana ranks low in terms of incest and hate groups(as well as hate crimes). Oregon on the other hand ranked near the top in all three.

Misinformation and prejudgice abounds. Kinda reminds me of a comment recently made that insinuated that racists or only GOP or unaffiliated.

I was about to make a joke about Oregon living up to the stereotype. On a side note, Oregonians obsess about their Ducks.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:43 am

Marconius wrote:What the heck do you mean Dennis??? Heck man people in our own country think the very same stupid stuff.

Lol! Yeah, that's true. I used to run across this bigotry all the time in the Navy. And still see it on the internet. Apparently its ok to bash Southerners and Christians, but better not say the 'N-word' or call someone 'retarded'.

Better not reveal you ever kept a 'binder' with resume's of women in them either.

Wink
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:35 am

Marconius wrote:Damn, mispellings anf typos are evrywhere in that last post. I used a touchscreen phone so please forgive.

Was the "anf" and "evrywhere" there deliberate then? ;-P

You know you can go back and edit your own posts here to remove typos....
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:29 am

Miles1 wrote:
Marconius wrote:Damn, mispellings anf typos are evrywhere in that last post. I used a touchscreen phone so please forgive.

Was the "anf" and "evrywhere" there deliberate then? ;-P

You know you can go back and edit your own posts here to remove typos....

Yep, but after getting frustrated with a touchscreen, I said "f" it.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:35 am

Marconius wrote:Aside from your distaste of WBC, I have a couple of honest questions for ya Miles.

I have found, over my years of participation in social media, that many individuals in other countries find our fascination with tUS flag to be overly strong and they do not understand it.

How do you feel about many US citizen's feelings about our flag???

How would this have played out in Ireland???

Yeah, we all do wonder a little bit about the love affair you seem to have with your flag, and the mythology you put around it. In most countries, the national flag isn't really all that much a part of daily life, except for either national holidays (independence days, St Patricks day for us) or for major international sporting events (the Football World Cup etc). I suppose that's one thing that the US doesn't do that we do actually, given that the sports with the biggest followings in the States are the ones that ye play that no-one else does... :-P

One of the things in Ireland actually is that we're nearly the opposite of ye when it comes to the flag, unfortunately it was pretty much hijacked as a symbol by the IRA/nationalists during the Troubles in N Ireland and so it has almost negative connotations as representing a small fanatical bigoted section of society. Even today if you see a house flying the tricolour and the national team isn't playing and it's not coming up to Paddy's Day, your first reaction is going to probably be "oh right, one of them.....". It'd almost be like (and I'm going back to another stereotype mentioned here earlier) you were walking around some town in the Southern USA and you saw some house flying the Confederate Battle flag. It's something that's getting a bit better here but is still an unfortunate hangover from the bad old times.

Having said that, anyone who stomps on/burns the Irish flag in front of Irish people better hope there are more of them around than there are of us, and I reckon that goes for any nationality and their own flag....
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:36 am

Dennis324 wrote:
Better not reveal you ever kept a 'binder' with resume's of women in them either.

Wink

Well, that is a little bit creepy, no? Most guys make do with a little black book of numbers, but a binder with full resumes?

Razz
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down