Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ACLU investigates the cops

2 posters

Go down

ACLU investigates the cops Empty ACLU investigates the cops

Post by Marconius Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:44 pm

Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

ACLU investigates the cops Empty Re: ACLU investigates the cops

Post by Marconius Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:52 pm

I live in a small town of about 30,000. Crime here isn't really that bad. Yeah, we have drugs and theft, but violent crime isn't that common. Considering this, why does my town's police force own a light tank??? What would they possibly need it for??? Why do we even have a SWAT team???

In watching the California manhunt a couple weeks back, I honestly thought the cops were heavy infantry. They were outfitted exactly like front line heavy troops. Police are not and should not be outfitted in this manner.

I am pleased the ACLU are starting an investigation, but have no real hope that anything will come out of it.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:41 pm

No nothing will come out of it. Now i dont mind in small towns there being officers who train a little bit more and have a little better gear that can assemble, as was said in the article, in the event of an immediate danger to the public, but within limits and not for conducting seal-like night time raids to serve warrants. And youd be surprised how much crime probably goes on in ur town. Just check out the public records for warrants and arrests, im sure there are many new additions each day, mostly due to drug related matters. This along with the drone issue is troubling to me. I like how the huffpo slanted it though, putting most the burden on reagan, and saying oh well a push from congress in the clinton years did yadda yadda. And i think they had to pass on burning bush because of everything after 911 because then it would be hard to ignore the further acceleration of our nanny-police state under obamas first term, and its likely to continue. Couple that with the elites wanting to ban our guns, and its not pretty. And the sheeple of america are just going along with the herd oblivious to the corral's tightening.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:42 pm

But all for safety, right? Dont u feel safer? And nothing will come of it even if the departments do cooperate, just like it didnt back in the 90s when that one guy surveyed them.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:44 pm

I also dont think regular beat cops need to be decked out like swat members in tac gear.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:23 am

And then you have the admin shutting down white house tours. Related directly? No but just another example of the mindset of the elites that govern over us pee-ons

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down