Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cops are simply local mercenaries

3 posters

Go down

Cops are simply local mercenaries Empty Cops are simply local mercenaries

Post by Marconius Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:14 pm

A link to a great vid by MrColinnoir. If you haven't seen him, he is a great pro-firearm advocate.

You gotta watch the vid to see why I say "cops are simply local mercenaries"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBi7OeAohok&list=UU193r5YXcpQJV34N99ZbhzQ

And one one his nuclear suitcase rebuttal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2tLVPVS0Bc&list=UU193r5YXcpQJV34N99ZbhzQ
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Cops are simply local mercenaries Empty Re: Cops are simply local mercenaries

Post by Sir Pun Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:21 am

Wow he is so freaking right. As long as innercity black kids kill each other no one cares but as soon as a white or asian kid does it, then we have a gun crime epidemic and its time to take the guns away. And a gun, just like any tool can take on whatever purpose the one using it wants. If some one owns a gun for defense, then its a defensive weapon. It used offensively, then its a n offensive weapon. And why on earth is it more acceptable to take the guns from citizens but not law enforcement? See these gun nuts dont mind taking away some guns, as long as its not those that they feel protected by. Additionally most of the gun nuts in congress are from more urban areas where their onley associations with guns, is crime

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:30 am

And technically, wouldnt any paid LEO or soldier be kind of a merc?

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:42 am

Pun wrote:And technically, wouldnt any paid LEO or soldier be kind of a merc?

Maybe, if we were to really stretch the definition of merc. The main difference being mercs have no sense of loyalty outside of the monetary compensation. Law enforcement that jumps from department to department looking for the highest dollar would come close.

I have high respect for the professional military men of most societies. I have little to no respect for mercs. My respect for the current state of US law enforcement is not much greater than my respect for mercs. I have no idea why the US populace has allowed our law enforcement to become militarized......did you see the equipment they had when searching for Donner??? I thought it was pictures of heavy infantry patrols in A-stan. How many innocent people did they shoot before stopping to ask questions???

Speaking of law enforcement, did you know that county sheriffs in Santa Barbara county start out at 6 figure salaries??? Still Californians wonder why they are bankrupt.

Also, did you know that innocent citizens are 10 times more likely to be killed by a cop than a mass murderer??? Maybe we should ban them.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:34 pm

Interesting stat.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:20 pm

Marconius wrote:
Pun wrote:And technically, wouldnt any paid LEO or soldier be kind of a merc?

Maybe, if we were to really stretch the definition of merc. The main difference being mercs have no sense of loyalty outside of the monetary compensation. Law enforcement that jumps from department to department looking for the highest dollar would come close.

I have high respect for the professional military men of most societies. I have little to no respect for mercs. My respect for the current state of US law enforcement is not much greater than my respect for mercs. I have no idea why the US populace has allowed our law enforcement to become militarized......did you see the equipment they had when searching for Donner??? I thought it was pictures of heavy infantry patrols in A-stan. How many innocent people did they shoot before stopping to ask questions???

Speaking of law enforcement, did you know that county sheriffs in Santa Barbara county start out at 6 figure salaries??? Still Californians wonder why they are bankrupt.

Also, did you know that innocent citizens are 10 times more likely to be killed by a cop than a mass murderer??? Maybe we should ban them.

A five figure salaries may not be that unreasonable for chiefs in larger cities (ie LAPD are responsible for policing a city with a population of just shy of 4 million), where the organization they oversee is larger than many private companies. That said, while the cost of living may be insane in Santa Barbara, that kind of salary is insane.

As for your second point, have you seen Fresno PD shoot? I seem to remember a story a few years ago where they fired hundreds of rounds into a car containing a resisting gang member, and only actually hit him once! It isn't the price of the police chiefs salary that we need to be worried about, but rather the price of wasted ammo!
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:46 pm

Bryant wrote:

A five figure salaries may not be that unreasonable for chiefs in larger cities (ie LAPD are responsible for policing a city with a population of just shy of 4 million), where the organization they oversee is larger than many private companies. That said, while the cost of living may be insane in Santa Barbara, that kind of salary is insane.

As for your second point, have you seen Fresno PD shoot? I seem to remember a story a few years ago where they fired hundreds of rounds into a car containing a resisting gang member, and only actually hit him once! It isn't the price of the police chiefs salary that we need to be worried about, but rather the price of wasted ammo!

Damn cap lock!!! I typed out my response then noticed I had on the cap lock.

Anyway, the sheriff I know in Santa Barbara county lives and works the Lompoc area. I do agree that SB's cost of living is outrageous, but Lompoc........not so much.

You post brings up a good point. People, like Pierce Morgan, keep asking why I need a high-cap magazine(thank goodness he quit calling them clips). Typically LEO's only hit 20%-25% of the time. These are trained men and not a civi. Meanwhile the typical break-in is committed by groups of 3-4. Now if you limit me to 10 rounds, and even if I am as highly trained as an LEO.......well you see the point.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:21 pm

Marconius wrote:
Bryant wrote:

Damn cap lock!!! I typed out my response then noticed I had on the cap lock.

Anyway, the sheriff I know in Santa Barbara county lives and works the Lompoc area. I do agree that SB's cost of living is outrageous, but Lompoc........not so much.

You post brings up a good point. People, like Pierce Morgan, keep asking why I need a high-cap magazine(thank goodness he quit calling them clips). Typically LEO's only hit 20%-25% of the time. These are trained men and not a civi. Meanwhile the typical break-in is committed by groups of 3-4. Now if you limit me to 10 rounds, and even if I am as highly trained as an LEO.......well you see the point.

I'm not sure how willing I'd be to call the FPD 'highly trained.' The joke is 'when Fresno Police start shooting, the safest place to be is in front of the target.'

Why would you want a pistol or any other external magazine (forgive misuse of nomenclature, not a gun person) firearm for home protection? Aren't shotguns more pragmatic for this use (larger affected area, less likely to penetrate walls and hit bystanders)?
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:43 pm

Bryant wrote:
I'm not sure how willing I'd be to call the FPD 'highly trained.' The joke is 'when Fresno Police start shooting, the safest place to be is in front of the target.'

Why would you want a pistol or any other external magazine (forgive misuse of nomenclature, not a gun person) firearm for home protection? Aren't shotguns more pragmatic for this use (larger affected area, less likely to penetrate walls and hit bystanders)?

Depends on the operator. For me and most males, a 12 gauge pump shot gun is the best. Many times the actual racking of the slide will deter criminals. When it comes to females, a 12 gauge is too much recoil. I recommend a carbine of some sort. Preferably one in pistol calibers. A .45 ACP pistol may be too much for many females, but put that into a carbine and it is perfect. My wife uses her Mini 30. It shoots the Russian 7.62X39. This is not a powerful cartridge and does not produce a lot of recoil. With expanding bullets, like hollow point or soft point, you will see penetration of interior walls, but not the brick exterior walls we have at our house.

In a nutshell, I would say yeah, a 12 gauge pump is optimal in most cases. Of course you can call me Brad Pitt if you like ( http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/2012/09/brad-pitt-talks-gun-control-says-its-our-dna-americans-own-one ), but I have firearms in several rooms of my house. I live in the middle of nowhere and cops are at least 15-20 min away. I keep a 9mm in a clock in my living room, both my shotgun and my wife's Mini 30 in our bedroom, and even a little .380 tucked away beside the toilet. Couple that with the two dogs that patrol the house at night, I feel sorry for any would be intruder.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:05 am

I dont have a problem with all mercs. There are a lot of former military members who help third world countries combat everythng from poaching to pirates and narco terrorists. Some simply pull guard duty for HVTs.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down