Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey Bryant

3 posters

Go down

Hey Bryant Empty Hey Bryant

Post by Marconius Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:58 pm

Where's your Truth-o-Meter posting for Delia and Maria Ciano and their role in recent "Republican Women for Obama" avertisement???

Please, please, please tell me you are not that jaded.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Hey Bryant Empty Re: Hey Bryant

Post by Bryant Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:12 pm

Marconius wrote:Where's your Truth-o-Meter posting for Delia and Maria Ciano and their role in recent "Republican Women for Obama" avertisement???

Please, please, please tell me you are not that jaded.

Jaded? I'd like to think not. Ignorant? Likely, I've no clue what you're referring to.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:37 pm

Looked into it. It would appear the only two media outlets that have said anything are examiner.com and Fox News. The examiner article starts out with the caption "There are liars; there are compulsive liars; and then there is the Obama campaign...," which raises serious doubts about objectivity. The article relies entirely on a blog from powerlineblog.com, whose logic is highly questionable (their premise is that the two women have been posting things on their Facebooks that favor the Democratic Party and that the mother likes Rachel Maddow, this assumes that the only possible position a former Republican could hold is far right not moderate). The Powerlineblog.com article also asserts that Maria is a registured Democrat and has been since 2006, however their source, buzzfeed, provides no evidence to prove this claim. The Fox News article was an almost word-for-word regurgitation of the Examiner post.

It is possible that the ad is misrepresenting the past of the two women, however from what I found the accusations so far lack reliable premise. From what I read, it would appear the only things that were revealed are 1) the two women have thrown in with the Democratic Party (previously obvious by their presence in an Obama campaign ad) and 2) neither were likely terribly conservative Republicans (assuming they ever were members of the GOP). If they used the same line of examination on me, they'd likely conclude that I'm no Republican either (despite the face I've been a registered member since the day I turned 18).

Last edited by Bryant on Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed a their they're there typo)
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:27 am

Wow. I can't believe you looked it up. I just made this posting to rib you a bit. I prolly shouldn't have done it. It isn't like this is that big a deal really.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:25 pm

Marconius wrote:Wow. I can't believe you looked it up. I just made this posting to rib you a bit. I prolly shouldn't have done it. It isn't like this is that big a deal really.

Thats fine, you're just keeping me honest.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:21 am

Bryant wrote:
Thats fine, you're just keeping me honest.

Well, someone has to... :-p
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down