Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line - Page 2 Empty Re: Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Post by Sir Pun Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:10 pm

I just hope it its not some fringe right lunatic, cuz if theyll try to paint the entire right and the tea party with jared loughner, they wud do it with some identifying with the right.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line - Page 2 Empty Re: Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Post by Sir Pun Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:27 pm

Omfg, just got my first glimpse of some of the victims immediately after blasts (not even counting any of the amputees) and it makes passion of the christ look G rated. People just riddled to shreds. Definitely some nasty little devices, just meant to maim, and dismember.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:21 pm

An update and a good overview of what we so far know. Apparently they think they have video of the perp.

New York Times
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:44 am

Pun wrote:I just hope it its not some fringe right lunatic, cuz if theyll try to paint the entire right and the tea party with jared loughner, they wud do it with some identifying with the right.
Probably not. Still very possible that the culprit(s) are foriegn terrorist types.

Im afraid the guy who mailed the poison letters to the Prez and Senators is though. Sad They caught that guy today in Mississippi. I'm beginning to think he isnt a right wing nutjob but an anarchist type...the type of guy that just hates the govt. Not Dem or GOPer, nor liberal or conservative...but one of those guys who complains about the govt infringing on his rights, etc. (Extreme) Libertarian, Anarchist, leftist, hostile violent type of person. Mad because the govt wont legalize everything and mad coz they want to regulate guns, etc.

At any rate...he's a nut.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line - Page 2 Empty U.S. 'deporting Saudi person of interest'

Post by Dennis324 Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:47 am

U.S. 'deporting Saudi person of interest'

An expert on terrorism says the Saudi national who was the original “person of interest” in connection with Monday’s Boston Marathon bombing is going to be deported from the U.S. next week.

The foreign student from Revere, Mass., is identified as 20-year-old Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi.

“I just learned from my own sources that he is now going to be deported on national security grounds next Tuesday, which is very unusual,” Steve Emerson of the Investigative Project on Terrorism told Sean Hannity of Fox News Wednesday night.

The Reuters news agency reported President Barack Obama met with Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Saud al-Faisal on Wednesday, noting “the meeting was not on Obama’s public schedule.”

After that meeting was mentioned, Emerson told Hannity, “That’s very interesting because this is the way things are done with Saudi Arabia. You don’t arrest their citizens. You deport them, because they don’t want them to be embarrassed and that’s the way we appease them.”

Meanwhile, Tuesday morning, a meeting Secretary of State John Kerry held with the Saudi foreign minister was abruptly closed to press coverage.

WND reported Wednesday morning that the Saudi student Alharbi shares the same last name as a major Saudi clan that includes scores of al-Qaida operatives.

Some in the clan are senior al-Qaida members while others are reportedly being held by the U.S. in the Guantanamo Bay detention camp in Cuba.

A large group of federal and state law enforcement agents reportedly raided Alharbi’s apartment in Revere, Mass

The Alharbi clan has long been active in al-Qaida. Khaled bin Ouda bin Mohammed al-Harbi, for example, is a Saudi national who joined Osama bin Laden’s mujahadeen group in the 1980s. He reportedly became an al-Qaida member in the mid-1990s. He turned himself in to Saudi authorities in 2004 as part of an amnesty deal.

The BBC reported Khaled Alharbi was married to the daughter of al-Qaida’s number two, Ayman al-Zawahri. He reportedly appeared with bin Laden in a video praising the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

Another top al-Qaida operative is Adel Radi Saqr al-Wahabi al-Harbi, a Saudi national identified by the State Department as “a key member of an al-Qaida network operating in Iran.”

SOURCE

Weird that they didnt just let this guy go...they deported him. scratch
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:31 am

Dennis324 wrote:U.S. 'deporting Saudi person of interest'

An expert on terrorism says the Saudi national who was the original “person of interest” in connection with Monday’s Boston Marathon bombing is going to be deported from the U.S. next week.

The foreign student from Revere, Mass., is identified as 20-year-old Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi.

“I just learned from my own sources that he is now going to be deported on national security grounds next Tuesday, which is very unusual,” Steve Emerson of the Investigative Project on Terrorism told Sean Hannity of Fox News Wednesday night.

The Reuters news agency reported President Barack Obama met with Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Saud al-Faisal on Wednesday, noting “the meeting was not on Obama’s public schedule.”

After that meeting was mentioned, Emerson told Hannity, “That’s very interesting because this is the way things are done with Saudi Arabia. You don’t arrest their citizens. You deport them, because they don’t want them to be embarrassed and that’s the way we appease them.”

Meanwhile, Tuesday morning, a meeting Secretary of State John Kerry held with the Saudi foreign minister was abruptly closed to press coverage.

WND reported Wednesday morning that the Saudi student Alharbi shares the same last name as a major Saudi clan that includes scores of al-Qaida operatives.

Some in the clan are senior al-Qaida members while others are reportedly being held by the U.S. in the Guantanamo Bay detention camp in Cuba.

A large group of federal and state law enforcement agents reportedly raided Alharbi’s apartment in Revere, Mass

The Alharbi clan has long been active in al-Qaida. Khaled bin Ouda bin Mohammed al-Harbi, for example, is a Saudi national who joined Osama bin Laden’s mujahadeen group in the 1980s. He reportedly became an al-Qaida member in the mid-1990s. He turned himself in to Saudi authorities in 2004 as part of an amnesty deal.

The BBC reported Khaled Alharbi was married to the daughter of al-Qaida’s number two, Ayman al-Zawahri. He reportedly appeared with bin Laden in a video praising the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

Another top al-Qaida operative is Adel Radi Saqr al-Wahabi al-Harbi, a Saudi national identified by the State Department as “a key member of an al-Qaida network operating in Iran.”

SOURCE

Weird that they didnt just let this guy go...they deported him. scratch

If true (I think its healthy to have a bit of skepticism about unconfirmed reports), it would suggest that he had nothing to do with the attack but had something else in his background (or overstayed his visa).
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:13 pm

If true, regardless of how it may be, it looks sketchy as hell. How is this any different than getting the bin ladens out of the country on9/11? If it were nywhere but saudi arabia, i would think the guy was either innocent and it just was a crazy coincidence, or that the government wouldve 10 predators watching his every move hoping he may lead them to someone else, but not in the kingdom.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:59 pm

Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line - Page 2 _67100140_67100139

The FBI released this pic.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:00 pm

If these are in fact the two perps, then that probably writes out right wing groups.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:08 pm

Yep

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:49 am

One Boston Bombing Suspect Is Dead

One of two suspects wanted in Monday’s deadly Boston marathon bombing was killed early Friday in a violent standoff with the police in a quiet residential neighborhood just west of Boston. The second suspect remained at large following what authorities described as a deadly crime spree that left one police officer dead and another seriously wounded.

One suspect, seen in pictures released Thursday by the Federal Bureau of Investigation wearing a black hat, had been shot , said Timothy P. Alben of the Masschusetts State Police in a press conference early Friday morning. Authorities later confirmed that he had died. The other suspect, pictured in a white hat, was at large, likely extremely dangerous and the subject of a sweeping manhunt in Watertown, a quiet residential community near Boston.

“We believe this to be a terrorist,” said Boston Police Commissioner Edward Davis. “We believe this to be a man who’s come here to kill people. We need to get him in custody.”

The marathon bombing killed three and wounded more than 170.

It seemed early on Friday as though it was the first in a series of violent crimes perpetrated by the two young men in the Boston area this week.

Police confirmed that, at around 10:30 p.m. there had been a robbery at a 7/11 store in Central Square, Cambridge, apparently by the white-hatted suspect.

Shortly afterward, a campus police officer at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology was shot and killed while responding to a suspicious incident. Police chased the two suspects, apparently in a black Mercedes SUV, to Watertown, where two residents of Laurel Street said they heard what sounded like firecrackers going off shortly before midnight. When they looked out of their windows, they saw the two young men taking cover behind the black Mercedes, in a shootout with dozens of police about 70 yards away. A transit police officer was shot, said a police spokesman, Dave Procopio, and was in serious condition.

A Watertown resident, Andrew Kitzenberg, 29, said he looked out his third-floor window to see two young men of slight build in jackets engaged in “constant gunfire” with police officers. A police SUV “drove towards the shooters,” he said, and was shot at until it was severely damaged. It rolled out of control, Mr. Kitzenberg said, and crashed into two cars in his driveway.

The two shooters, he said, had a large, unwieldy bomb that he said looked “like a pressure cooker.”

“They lit it, still in the middle of the gunfire, and threw it. But it went 20 yards at most.” It exploded, he said, and one of the two men ran toward the gathered police officers. He was tackled, but it was not clear if he was shot, Mr. Kitzenberg said.

The explosions, said another resident, Loretta Kehayias, 65, “lit up the whole house. I screamed. I’ve never seen anything like this, never, never, never.”

Meanwhile, the other young man, said Mr. Kitzenberg, got back into the SUV, turned it toward officers and “put the pedal to the metal.” The car “went right through the cops, broke right through and continued west.”

The two men left “a few backpacks right by the car, and there is a bomb robot out there now.” Police had told residents to stay away from their windows, he said.

At least two people, one of whom appeared to be a police officer and the other a man in handcuffs were taken from the scene in ambulances, said a Dexter Street resident who declined to give his name.
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:34 am

Why the hell did two Chechnyans hit us?
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:55 am

Boston suspect's web page venerates Islam, Chechen independence

(Reuters) - Boston bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev posted links to Islamic websites and others calling for Chechen independence on what appears to be his page on a Russian language social networking site.

Abusive comments in Russian and English were flooding onto Tsarnaev's page on VK, a Russian-language social media site, on Friday after he was identified as a suspect in the bombing of the Boston marathon.

Police launched a massive manhunt for Tsarnaev, 19, after killing his older brother Tamerlan Tsarnaev in a shootout overnight.

On the site, the younger Tsarnaev identifies himself as a 2011 graduate of Cambridge Rindge and Latin School, a public school in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

It says he went to primary school in Makhachkala, capital of Dagestan, a province in Russia that borders Chechnya, and lists his languages as English, Russian and Chechen.

His "World view" is listed as "Islam" and his "Personal priority" is "career and money".

He has posted links to videos of fighters in the Syrian civil war and to Islamic web pages with titles like "Salamworld, my religion is Islam" and "There is no God but Allah, let that ring out in our hearts".

He also has links to pages calling for independence for Chechnya, a region of Russia that lost its bid for secession after two wars in the 1990s.

The page also reveals a sense of humor, around his identity as a member of a minority from southern Russia's restive Caucasus, which includes Chechnya, Dagestan, Ingushetia and other predominately Muslim regions that have seen two decades of unrest since the fall of the Soviet Union.

A video labeled "tormenting my brother" shows a man resembling his dead brother Tamerlan laughing and imitating the accents of different Caucasian ethnic groups.

He has posted his own joke: "A car goes by with a Chechen, a Dagestani and an Ingush inside. Question: who is driving?"

The answer: the police.

Elsewhere on the Internet, a photo essay entitled "Will box for passport" shows the older brother Tamerlan Tsarnaev practicing boxing at a gym. The captions identify him as a Chechen heavyweight boxer, in the United States for five years.

"I don't have a single American friend," one caption quotes him as saying. "I don't understand them."

So. not exactly your typical islamic fundamentalist. The Chechens do have a habit of blowing stuff up though, although they normally keep it more local.
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:00 pm

Ok theyre saying theyre turkish, is that not the case? Brothers? Idk abt any chechens unless theyre turkish chchens lol

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:01 pm

Ok now from the russian caucuses? Wtf?

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:09 pm

And are you kidding me miles, i would class the chechens right up there with al-qaeda, being that they have (and possibly are still) worked with them before. The global jihadi movement is all connected, and all have one common goal - a global caliphate as dictated by muhammed

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:00 am

Pun wrote:And are you kidding me miles, i would class the chechens right up there with al-qaeda, being that they have (and possibly are still) worked with them before. The global jihadi movement is all connected, and all have one common goal - a global caliphate as dictated by muhammed

I recommend reading up on Chechnyan history. The roots of terrorist groups from Chechnya has little to do with Islam.

Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:54 pm

I guess by now we all have heard about the youtube stuff that one of these guys uploaded and how he apparently was Islamic and had become radicalized. Typical.

And of course 1 was caught alive, so that's good. I dont wanna know why these guys set off the bombs. I think we already know.

I wanna know if anyone helped them and if so...who? The older (dead) brother apparently spent 6 months in Russia and some think he may ha ve traveled to Chechnya during that time. That country is rife with terror camps and the Radical Islamic Chechnyans apparently hate the Christian Russians and constantly set off bombs.

So its possible that this older brother learned how to make these bombs there.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:58 pm

Pun wrote:If true, regardless of how it may be, it looks sketchy as hell. How is this any different than getting the bin ladens out of the country on9/11? If it were nywhere but saudi arabia, i would think the guy was either innocent and it just was a crazy coincidence, or that the government wouldve 10 predators watching his every move hoping he may lead them to someone else, but not in the kingdom.
To me it looks like they cut a deal to get this saudi kid out of America very quickly. My question is...why? We've got people who've overstayed their Visa for years and are still here! Some live less than a mile from me. Obama's own Uncle is one of them....has been here for decades! So what happened in this case?

I also found it interesting that so many agents swarmed his apartment. (On a simple Visa violations beef? Really)? Rolling Eyes
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2