Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USPS clothing line?

3 posters

Go down

USPS clothing line? Empty USPS clothing line?

Post by Sir Pun Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:15 am

So the us postal service, perhaps out of desperation to make money, is now going to unveil "rain, sleet, snow." Wonder how much theyre gonna losefrom this?

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

USPS clothing line? Empty Re: USPS clothing line?

Post by Bryant Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:11 pm

I don't know how much they have invested in it. From what little I've read, it sounds like they set up a licensing agreement with a third party. I hope this ends well, but it sounds rather silly.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:58 pm

I guess USPS has to do something. They are in fiscal dire straights.

I must say that the postal service model is the one way that governmental services should be run. They receive no money from taxation. They are fully self-contained. All money made is from sales and services.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:35 pm

Marconius wrote:I guess USPS has to do something. They are in fiscal dire straights.

I must say that the postal service model is the one way that governmental services should be run. They receive no money from taxation. They are fully self-contained. All money made is from sales and services.

The sad thing is, the Postal Service's current problems are artificial. While declining use of postage has hurt their finance intake, the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act of 2006 Title VIII forces the USPS to pay into the retirement health fund for future employees, thus making their costs far exceed that of their intake. Prior to the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act of 2006 the USPS ran a surplus.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down