Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So this means land should be getting cheaper???

3 posters

Go down

So this means land should be getting cheaper??? Empty So this means land should be getting cheaper???

Post by Marconius Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:11 am

Recent census reports that 1 in every 3 US counties are dying off:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5geMbXAbk7UQx7N_i0pHO8fE1l8nA?docId=783a052028794b4ab60880ef03904b94

Sorry, but I don't understand the rush that many have to move to those damn big cities.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

So this means land should be getting cheaper??? Empty Re: So this means land should be getting cheaper???

Post by Sir Pun Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:41 am

J.o.b.s

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

So this means land should be getting cheaper??? Empty Re: So this means land should be getting cheaper???

Post by Marconius Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:35 pm

Excuse my southerness, but:

I ain't never had to move to no damn big city for work.

I know, I know, my work is more of the exception than the norm. We have quite a few little agricultural towns where there is no work outside of farming and those towns are pretty much drying up.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:32 pm

Yup, and while theres more competition in big cities for the jobs, i think it at least makes ppl feel better to compete for a job than there being none to compete for. And im sure in some cases the county governments are to blame, not doing enough to bring businesses there.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:33 pm

And more than likely theyre being included in neighboring counties.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:30 pm

Marconius wrote:Excuse my southerness, but:

I know, I know, my work is more of the exception than the norm. We have quite a few little agricultural towns where there is no work outside of farming and those towns are pretty much drying up.

I had to move to a large city (Fresno pop >500,000) for school. When I'm done I'm heading back for the country. Growing up I found our 6 acres of land confining (even though most of the neighbors let us kids go bout anywhere we wanted anyways), being boxed in a <1/4 acre plot of land is torture.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:32 pm

Bryant wrote:

I had to move to a large city (Fresno pop >500,000) for school. When I'm done I'm heading back for the country. Growing up I found our 6 acres of land confining (even though most of the neighbors let us kids go bout anywhere we wanted anyways), being boxed in a <1/4 acre plot of land is torture.

I wanted to ask you something back in the what do you listen to thread. Knowing that you grew up a country boy, I was curious as to what music you listened to back then.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:22 am

Marconius wrote:
Bryant wrote:

I wanted to ask you something back in the what do you listen to thread. Knowing that you grew up a country boy, I was curious as to what music you listened to back then.

At the time I listened to lots of classic rock (Metallica, AC/DC, Zeppelin, Maiden, etc), A.F.I., Linkin Park, Tiger Army, and then-contemporary metal (Slipknot, Mushroom Head, etc). The only country singer I've ever really been able to enjoy was Cash.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:01 am

Bryant wrote:

At the time I listened to lots of classic rock (Metallica, AC/DC, Zeppelin, Maiden, etc), A.F.I., Linkin Park, Tiger Army, and then-contemporary metal (Slipknot, Mushroom Head, etc). The only country singer I've ever really been able to enjoy was Cash.

Yeah, growing up a country boy myself, my parents listened to both types of music......country and western. Man that music from the 70's and 80's really sucked. As I got older, either country got better or my tastes changed, but I listen to quite a bit of country today. Hard rock is still #1, but sometimes I just want something mellow. Tell you what I do miss though......R&B with a soul. There is no word yet to describe just how bad modern R&B is.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:08 am

Think country got better

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:46 pm

Marconius wrote:
Bryant wrote:

Yeah, growing up a country boy myself, my parents listened to both types of music......country and western. Man that music from the 70's and 80's really sucked. As I got older, either country got better or my tastes changed, but I listen to quite a bit of country today. Hard rock is still #1, but sometimes I just want something mellow. Tell you what I do miss though......R&B with a soul. There is no word yet to describe just how bad modern R&B is.

My dad has taken to listening to a bit of country these days. From what I can tell, much of modern country music takes more after southern rock than old country.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down