Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New pope

4 posters

Go down

New pope Empty New pope

Post by Sir Pun Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:54 pm

So wachig all these people at st. Petes sq. cheering and rejoicing, and i just dont get it. Was there any doubt thre would be a new one?

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

New pope Empty Re: New pope

Post by Dennis324 Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:22 pm

Laughing I guess its important to the many Catholics around the world. I'll admit even I was a bit interested. But like anything to do with tv, it may have been a bit overblown.

Its dificult for me to understand I guess because I'm from a different faith and try not to idolize people like some do movie stars or athletes or rock stars...or the Pope.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:49 pm

Same faith
Different denomination
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:36 am

New pope active in blasting abortion, 'gay' marriage

Pope Francis, newly selected by the cardinals of the Catholic church to be their new leader, has a heritage of staunch support for conservative issues, heralding possible disappointment for those who advocate for a more “modern” church that accepts contemporary social values.

Gary Glenn, president of the American Family Association of Michigan, said, “We congratulate our many Catholic supporters on the selection of a new pope and are encouraged by his reputation for unwavering commitment to preserving the lives of prenatal children and marriage between one man and one woman. We will stand firmly with him and defend him in that commitment and pray for his success.”

Glenn cited a report from National Catholic Register that described Bergoglio as “an unwaveringly orthodox on matters of sexual morality, staunchly opposing abortion, same-sex marriage, and contraception. In 2010 he asserted that gay adoption is a form of discrimination against children, earning a public rebuke from Argentina’s President, Cristina Fernández de Kirchner.”

When Argentina adopted same-sex “marriage,” three years ago, Bergoglio said “everyone loses” with “gay” marriage and “children need to have the right to be raised and educated by a father and a mother.”

According to a report from LifeNews.com, he once called abortion a “death sentence” for unborn.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:07 am

A more modern church with contemporary social values ? So theywant a church that abandons thousands of years of church doctrine, and that condones things the bible condemns.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:08 am

I think pretty much every cardinal in the conclave would have been a let down then.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:55 am

Dennis324 wrote:New pope active in blasting abortion, 'gay' marriage

Pope Francis, newly selected by the cardinals of the Catholic church to be their new leader, has a heritage of staunch support for conservative issues, heralding possible disappointment for those who advocate for a more “modern” church that accepts contemporary social values.

All of the Cardinals in that meeting were appointees of either Benedict or John Paul II, so what did people expect? You don't get that high up in the church hierarchy by being a rebel....

then again, he may have other not-so-popular views as well:

New pope VCGzdM4l
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:39 am

So Miles, how much of a minority are you in over there as far as you being an atheist??? Aren't damn near ever other Irishman Catholic???
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:52 am

I wouldnt think you'd get very high up in the Church heirarchy if you didnt have conservative Biblical views.

I'm now hearing that after what...3 days on the job, he's being blasted by secular progressives. Man, he hasnt had time to unpack his suitcase yet. affraid
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down