Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chick-fil-A Day!!!!

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Chick-fil-A Day!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Chick-fil-A Day!!!!

Post by Miles1 Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:11 pm

Marconius wrote:
Seriously thinking about a secluded cabin somewhere in Alaska. Maybe then I won't have to hear the crap that has been going on lately and I wouldn't get so steamed about the hypocrisy.

Have been thinking of somethgin like that myself. Altho for me it's easier - I just have to set up some net-nanny style internet filtering software that blocks every page that has the words "obama", "romney", "republican", "democrat" or "election" until say mid-november. Shouldn't be too hard to do....
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by avlgal Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:56 pm

This all seemed like much ado about nothing to me, but I guess it's because I don't eat at Chick-fil-A. Too pricey for me! (plus like most restaurants, there is always too much sodium for me) I think people are free to say what they want, and if we don't like it, we can let them know by not purchasing their product if they have one. Bryant has made all the arguments that I would have made if I had the energy. (Thanks!) I don't agree with some cities saying they wouldn't let them build there. Let them build. If people don't want to eat there they don't have to. The only problem I have with Mr. Cathy's support of anti gay groups is that there were ties to the group that was advocating death to gays in Uganda. (I believe that was the country) That seems rather severe to me & against the Christian teachings that Mr. Cathy claims are the basis of his beliefs.

Guess what?! I just found the font button! This is a post script to what I wrote.... I have belonged to SPLC since it's inception. I disagree that they no longer matter. One of their programs that I think will always be timely is called TEACHING TOLERANCE. It is a program designed to help teachers in the classroom when teaching about diversity and people who are different. Tolerance is something sorely lacking in the United States these days, and I suspect in most countries. They also keep track of hate crimes, crimes motivated by the fact that someone is different from the perpetrator. The statistics show what areas are giving rise to hate groups, etc, and can be a good indicator of the mood in America. Yes, I'm a hopeless dreamer, but I still think life would be so much better with more tolerance in it. But then again, I don't have any testosterone to counteract that feeling....
avlgal
avlgal

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:39 pm

Miles1 wrote:
Marconius wrote:
Seriously thinking about a secluded cabin somewhere in Alaska. Maybe then I won't have to hear the crap that has been going on lately and I wouldn't get so steamed about the hypocrisy.

Have been thinking of somethgin like that myself. Altho for me it's easier - I just have to set up some net-nanny style internet filtering software that blocks every page that has the words "obama", "romney", "republican", "democrat" or "election" until say mid-november. Shouldn't be too hard to do....

So how's the new place comin along??? I hope you and your better half are enjoying the shit outta being home owners.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:10 am

Marconius wrote:
Miles1 wrote:
Marconius wrote:
That's fine Dennis, but do you ever stop to think that you are actually hurting countless innocent people in your attempt to hurt just one man???

Sounds like the Republican Party strategy against Obama there really.....

(what, I haven't done a good shit-stir in here in ages, I'm due one :-P)

Considering all the slime and outright lies coming from President Obama's campaign the past few weeks, it seems that the statement is truer the other way around.

Like the Uni-bomber? Wink

Hey, you cant move to Alaska and miss out on SEC football can ya? LSU is ranked pretty highly this seaason. Smile
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:15 am

avlgal wrote:This all seemed like much ado about nothing to me, but I guess it's because I don't eat at Chick-fil-A. Too pricey for me! (plus like most restaurants, there is always too much sodium for me) I think people are free to say what they want, and if we don't like it, we can let them know by not purchasing their product if they have one. Bryant has made all the arguments that I would have made if I had the energy. (Thanks!) I don't agree with some cities saying they wouldn't let them build there. Let them build. If people don't want to eat there they don't have to. The only problem I have with Mr. Cathy's support of anti gay groups is that there were ties to the group that was advocating death to gays in Uganda. (I believe that was the country) That seems rather severe to me & against the Christian teachings that Mr. Cathy claims are the basis of his beliefs.
Yeah, he probably ought to cut ties with that particular group if he knows what they do.

Smile
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:55 am

Marconius wrote:
So how's the new place comin along??? I hope you and your better half are enjoying the shit outta being home owners.

Meh, paperwork delays, seems this is the annual holiday season for lawyers over here as the courts are out of session so either our lawyer is on holidays or their one is. At this stage we won't be getting keys or anything until end of september we reckon.
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:11 am

My attitude to this whole made-up "controversy" (and a whole load of other things that the right/left in the USA seem to get hung up on) is pretty much:

Chick-fil-A Day!!!! - Page 2 82612974385097592_YwcYigz1_c

If more people relaxed and concentrated on living their own life rather than giving out about something someone else may/may not be doing that doesn't really impact them in any way, things would be a lot calmer and life a lot more easy-going.
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:14 am

While I don't really agree with what Adam Smith did (he made the vid of him bitchin at an employee while in drive-thru), I do believe his employer overstepped their bounds in firing him for it. Of course I have not looked at his employment agreement (we all sign one when we get hired. They cover dress code, improper actions, etc), I firmly believe that while you must conform to employer desires while at work, what we do in our own time is our business alone(except in cases in which we shed a bad light on our employer). I personally do not believe his original vid portrayed his employer in a bad light. His viral apology is sincere. He should not be unemployed for the actions he took.

I guess I am still guity of worrying about the actions of others.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum