Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saw something today ina gun magazine that I want to buy!

4 posters

Go down

Saw something today ina gun magazine that I want to buy! Empty Saw something today ina gun magazine that I want to buy!

Post by Dennis324 Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:06 pm

Saw something today ina gun magazine that I want to buy! Img-slide-image3
Sneaky Pete Holsters.  Looks like a pouch you might carry a PDA or tablet or something like that, but its a holster for your pistol.  I was never crazy about the concealable holsters that you wear inside your waistband.  But this looks like the ticket. 

Anyone know what the gun laws are for concealed carry?  I know its a Federal offense to carry a gun on school grounds and probably any govt facitlity.  But could I use this holster to carry it say to the supermarket or around town without arousing too much excitement?
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Saw something today ina gun magazine that I want to buy! Empty Re: Saw something today ina gun magazine that I want to buy!

Post by Sir Pun Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:23 am

Depends on your state

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Saw something today ina gun magazine that I want to buy! Empty Re: Saw something today ina gun magazine that I want to buy!

Post by Bryant Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:26 pm

Dennis324 wrote:Saw something today ina gun magazine that I want to buy! Img-slide-image3
Sneaky Pete Holsters.  Looks like a pouch you might carry a PDA or tablet or something like that, but its a holster for your pistol.  I was never crazy about the concealable holsters that you wear inside your waistband.  But this looks like the ticket. 

Anyone know what the gun laws are for concealed carry?  I know its a Federal offense to carry a gun on school grounds and probably any govt facitlity.  But could I use this holster to carry it say to the supermarket or around town without arousing too much excitement?
So long as you follow your local CC laws, this looks quite discrete.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:51 pm

Basically, no schools and no government buildings. Also no private business that disallows.

Look at crossbreed before you decide.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:17 pm

Oh yeah, I've been seeing Crossbreed advertised on one of the gun tv shows.  Is that what you use?
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:19 pm

Marconius wrote:Basically, no schools and no government buildings. Also no private business that disallows.

Just a heads up, I've been to a training put on by a retired LEO where we were specifically warned to be wary if we saw someone carrying a gun stuffed into their pants, like the crossbreads, as that method of concealment is common with criminals. While it may be legal if you have your CC, be aware that it might change how LEOs respond to you.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:55 pm

That's right.  The thing about concealed carry and using your gun in defense, is that you probably are going to have to spend time in court even if you are in the right.  This will cost money.  You can actually shoot an intruder in your home in self defense and wind up in court with enough court costs that you wind up going broke.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:00 pm

Bryant wrote:
Marconius wrote:Basically, no schools and no government buildings. Also no private business that disallows.

Just a heads up, I've been to a training put on by a retired LEO where we were specifically warned to be wary if we saw someone carrying a gun stuffed into their pants, like the crossbreads, as that method of concealment is common with criminals.  While it may be legal if you have your CC, be aware that it might change how LEOs respond to you.
Crossbreed, if worn correctly, won't show. Course with summertime dress a Ruger LCP with a pocketshot is better.

Thing I would worry about, and this is something important for Dennis to consider, is making the weapon a target for muggers. Fanny packs or PDA carriers and such, could become the muggers target. That scenario isn't a certainty, but could happen.

A carry pistol should never be a full sized, service pistol. While it is possible to carry them conceald, it is much more difficult than one designed for carry. Crossbreed holsters do a good job and is what I use, but I still do not use it much with light summer clothes. Slipping an LCP into my back or front pocket makes the pistol disappear. This combo is what in carry 80% of the time......when I actually do carry. Many here would be surprised how little I actually do carry. My wife however, carries every day and I recommend carry for most ladies. She has a nice purse to hold my HK P30. I only got my permit because she wanted us to get it together. Otherwise, it really wasn't something I was that concerned about. A man my size and attitude is almost never targeted.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down