Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alright class, time to sign away your rights

3 posters

Go down

Alright class, time to sign away your rights Empty Alright class, time to sign away your rights

Post by Sir Pun Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:33 am

A Florida teacher has angered parents after having her fourth-grade class write a statement about giving up constitutional rights, Fox 30 News reports.

Cheryl Sabb, who teaches at Cedar Hills Elementary in Jacksonville, apparently asked her fourth-grade class to write down what she was saying, including the statement: “I am willing to give up some of my constitutional rights in order to be safer and more secure,” according to Fox 30.

Aaron and Amy Harvey, the parents of one of the students, found the note with that statement, written in crayon, in their son’s backpack.

"I don't believe that any American or American child should be asked to write this," Aaron Harvey told the First Coast News.

Nikolai Vitti, the Duval County public schools superintendent, said in a written statement: "The Justice Teaching activity on constitutional rights that was conducted at Cedar Hills Elementary School is consistent with our efforts to broaden civics-based education and develop critical thinking skills among our students. The lesson builds awareness of First Amendment rights through a partnership with an association of local attorneys. Our possible concern rests with a follow-up activity that may have been conducted after the lesson."

Aaron Harvey will meet this week with Sabb and a counselor, Fox 30 reported. He has invited other parents to attend.

how disgusting is that?

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Alright class, time to sign away your rights Empty Re: Alright class, time to sign away your rights

Post by Dennis324 Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:21 pm

i wonder if that teacher was thinking of when we engaged in wiretapping certain people when she made those kids write that?
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Alright class, time to sign away your rights Empty Re: Alright class, time to sign away your rights

Post by Sir Pun Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:01 pm

Well it sounds like it was a lot more about the 2nd ammendment than the first, because how can signing away your right to free speech, keep u safer and more secure? It cant.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:20 pm

Pun wrote:Well it sounds like it was a lot more about the 2nd ammendment than the first, because how can signing away your right to free speech, keep u safer and more secure? It cant.

Like Dennis, I got more of a Patriot Act vibe from what was stated. That said, I am very confused by what she was doing and what she hoped to achieve. One might try such an exercise with advanced high school or collegiate students to try to spur dialogue (ie have students cogent enough to stand up and say 'hell no' and thus create a debate on the balance between freedom and security), however I'm not sure what she was trying to achieve with children of that age range who lack the cognitive development for that kind of thinking.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:47 pm

Bryant wrote: One might try such an exercise with advanced high school or collegiate students to try to spur dialogue (ie have students cogent enough to stand up and say 'hell no' and thus create a debate on the balance between freedom and security), however I'm not sure what she was trying to achieve with children of that age range who lack the cognitive development for that kind of thinking.

Exactly. I dunno what her point was but in general I dont like it when some try to turn little kids into activists. Leave that to the long haired professors.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:27 pm

No, dont even leave it to them! And idk wth yall are talking about patriot act for. First of all the lady was black, okay, and in a kinda sketchy part of jville, and i highly doubt she wouldve been much of a supporter of gwb or the patriot act, which is the only reason i mention the preamble of this sentence. This is just another shining example of how hardcore leftist ideology has become pervasive among public teachers and administrations, primarily through the teachers unions, at the expense of the children. Not only are we getting under performance, but just like MmMmMm barrack hussein obama, and the myriad of stories we continually hear about like this, were getting mostly subtle but occassionally blatant indoctrination.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down