Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Rights are vanishing even faster

2 posters

Go down

Our Rights are vanishing even faster  Empty Our Rights are vanishing even faster

Post by Marconius Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:01 pm

I know the guy is a POS, but damn man.......using truth serum on James Holmes is not the right thing to do. Good ends can never come from less than good means. If we allow this to set a precedent, I will be completely ashamed.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/technology/judge-oks-truth-serum-for-alleged-colarado-gunman-james-holmes/story-fn7cejkh-1226595806495
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Our Rights are vanishing even faster  Empty Re: Our Rights are vanishing even faster

Post by Marconius Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:02 pm

Of course the masses will say "he deserves it" or "it helps keep us safe".

I'd rather have to fear for my safety every second of the day and be free rather than be safe and secure without freedom.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Our Rights are vanishing even faster  Empty Re: Our Rights are vanishing even faster

Post by Sir Pun Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:54 pm

Yeah i heard about that and immediately thought of cold war era espionage and shit. Never have i heard of it being used as part of a trial, and who gives a fuck why he did it, or if hes crazy? Thats sort of irrelevant to, particularly not worth that. Its so hard to make people understand how any time the government does something new and without precedent, and get away with it, how that effects all of us though. Seems most people dont care. Like theres a widespread mentality of just keeping ur head down and not making any trouble these days.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down