Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More wussification of america

4 posters

Go down

More wussification of america Empty More wussification of america

Post by Sir Pun Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:56 am

WINDHAM, N.H. – A New Hampshire school district has banned dodgeball and other "human target" activities over concerns about violence and bullying.
The school board in Windham voted 4-1 last week to remove the game and nine others from the district's curriculum.
The Eagle-Tribune reports the board voted after a committee of physical education teachers studied the issue. A middle school parent complained his child was bullied during a dodgeball game.
The committee recommended eliminating the game, and others, including prison ball, slaughter, and bombardment.
"We spend a lot of time making sure our kids are violence free," Windham superintendent Dr. Henry LaBranche said. "Here we have games where we use children as targets. That seems to be counter to what we are trying to accomplish with our anti-bullying campaign."
School Board member Dennis Senibaldi cast the sole vote against the ban.
"We have rules that are set in place to deal with bullying," he said. "We don't need to ban an entire round of games just to enforce those rules."
The National Association for Sport and Physical Education said there are any number of reasons to drop dodgeball.
"It's an elimination game," said Andrew Mead, program manager at NASPE. "Games like dodgeball and tag don't keep kids involved and physically active. They objectify slower students who don't catch as well."
Senibaldi offered a solution.
"We could just do it on a point system," he said. "So, no one gets knocked out right away."

Oh for the love of god....

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

More wussification of america Empty Re: More wussification of america

Post by Dennis324 Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:48 am

The wussification of America...its not just kids either. We have been conditioned to think that we can sue tobacco companies because cigarette smoking causes cancer. We can sue McDonalds because their hot coffee scalded our privates when we spilled on ourselves. Ever look at a can of shaving cream? I swear one had written on its side, do not use near flame!
Ya know why they did this? Coz some nut sued the company after he used it whilst sitting in a fireplace.

Remember reading reports where some schools gave all the kids in PE awards for 'participation' rather than an award for winning the game? They didnt want to hurt anyone's feelings. Rolling Eyes

They wont let school principals paddle a kid in school anymore. They did when I was a kid, but no more.

We drive our kids to school now rather than make them take the schoolbus.
We buy our kids cars when they turn 16. I bought my 1st car when I joined the Navy.

The kids spend more time playing video games and talking on their smartphones than playing baseball, football or other games like that.

And its not the kids' fault. Its the adults' fault.

Remember a handful of years ago when the media was pushing the style 'Metrosexual'? What the h*ll man??? The gay-ification of American men. (We can even say 'queer' anymore). Today men go to salons...rather than barbershops. They slather on body sprays and gels all over themselves instead of using the soap and brush and razor our dad's used pre 1970. They get pedicures and practice aromatheripy. lol!

I mean....geez men...grow a pair!

Here's a fun website I found regarding how to be a man. Lots of interesting stuff to read about there.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:53 am

Can dodge ball be dangerous? Yes. You should have seen some of the rounds of wrestling room dodge ball we played in high school (agility training). More than a few people got their faces broke, in addition to several pictures, a TV, and a window. Should it be banned? F**k no! That was some of the best fun I had during practice!
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:39 pm

Like the "no score leagues" 'cause losing scars a kid for life.

Not learning to lose scars them even more.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:47 pm

Marconius wrote:Like the "no score leagues" 'cause losing scars a kid for life.

'Everyone gets a trophy!' that way everyone grows up with an over inflated, unearned ego and a since of deserving recognition without earning it.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:55 pm

Bryant wrote:
Marconius wrote:Like the "no score leagues" 'cause losing scars a kid for life.

'Everyone gets a trophy!' that way everyone grows up with an over inflated, unearned ego and a since of deserving recognition without earning it.

Yep. Crazy ideas from the progessive left of tUSA(not gonna blame the Dems, it ain't their fault, just like it ain't the fault of Reps that the progressive right does and says stupid crap as well).

While I don't really wanna admit it.......this is where "getting in touch with your feminine side" gets us. It is also what happens when the maternal, protective thought process has too much influence. We get no score kept, dodgeball being illegal, knee pads and helmets for bikes and no really cool toys for kids.

I wonder how I survived with toys that shot plastic parts, no seat belts in the back seat(or any where else in the car), no bike helmet, playing tackle football on the street and all the other stuff we did back then.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down