Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ron paul on chris kyle's murder

3 posters

Go down

Ron paul on chris kyle's murder Empty Ron paul on chris kyle's murder

Post by Sir Pun Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:35 pm

"Chris kyles death seems to confirm that he who lives by the sword, dies by the sword. Treating PTSD at a firing range doesnt make sense." Kyle, americas most lethal sniper, with 160 confirmed kills during four tours in iraq, had also been decorated with more than 14 medals, including two silver stars, and five bronze stars with valor.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Ron paul on chris kyle's murder Empty Re: Ron paul on chris kyle's murder

Post by Dennis324 Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:17 pm

Eh, its a little tactless for Paul to say it this way, but in this rare case, he's right. I didnt understand treating PTSD at a gun range either.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:23 pm

I think maybe neither of you fully understand PTSD either. I mean its not as if all these returning home with PTSD are just unhinged psychopaths waiting to go on a killing spree. I mean it covers such a wide range of symptoms. PTSD is abt stress, and having not even served time in the military where marksmanship was such a key skillset, even i can appreciate the therapeutic quality to target shooting, and i know a good many vets of this generation, PTSD or otherwise, who continue to shoot and own weapons for that very reason. It has a comforting aspect to it. Now obviously u r going to have your unhinged ones, military background or not, but i dont think the man should be faulted for trying to help his ex-military brothers and sisters overcome their PTSD both on the range and off.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:22 pm

Pun wrote:I think maybe neither of you fully understand PTSD either. I mean its not as if all these returning home with PTSD are just unhinged psychopaths waiting to go on a killing spree. I mean it covers such a wide range of symptoms. PTSD is abt stress, and having not even served time in the military where marksmanship was such a key skillset, even i can appreciate the therapeutic quality to target shooting, and i know a good many vets of this generation, PTSD or otherwise, who continue to shoot and own weapons for that very reason. It has a comforting aspect to it. Now obviously u r going to have your unhinged ones, military background or not, but i dont think the man should be faulted for trying to help his ex-military brothers and sisters overcome their PTSD both on the range and off.

Truth.
Shooting accurately requires constant control and concentration in a repetative fashion.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:03 pm

Pun wrote:I think maybe neither of you fully understand PTSD either. I mean its not as if all these returning home with PTSD are just unhinged psychopaths waiting to go on a killing spree. I mean it covers such a wide range of symptoms. PTSD is abt stress, and having not even served time in the military where marksmanship was such a key skillset, even i can appreciate the therapeutic quality to target shooting, and i know a good many vets of this generation, PTSD or otherwise, who continue to shoot and own weapons for that very reason. It has a comforting aspect to it. Now obviously u r going to have your unhinged ones, military background or not, but i dont think the man should be faulted for trying to help his ex-military brothers and sisters overcome their PTSD both on the range and off.
I certainly dont fault him at all for trying to help the guy. And I understand that stuff about PTSD. Smile

But in this case, I think the guy problems were a bit worse than most. Kyles was a hero..a sniper, but not a doctor.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down