Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rand Paul embraces Israel

3 posters

Go down

Rand Paul embraces Israel Empty Rand Paul embraces Israel

Post by Dennis324 Fri May 03, 2013 7:10 am

Rand Paul is describing an episode from his trip to Israel in January: “I went to a Shabbat,” he tells me, “it was the first time I’ve ever done that, and I had a wonderful time. I went to the yeshiva, and all the young men were singing and dancing, they had me dancing around the table. I hope I was singing something that was fine — it was all in Hebrew, so I had no idea what I was singing.”

If there’s any doubt that Rand Paul isn’t his father’s son on the issue of Israel, that trip and his posture afterwards should have ended it. He returned to the U.S. to tell Breitbart News, “Absolutely we stand with Israel. What I think we should do is announce to the world — and I think it is pretty well known — that any attack on Israel will be treated as an attack on the United States.”

His father, former Texas congressman Ron Paul, recently started a think tank that includes a “NeoCon Watch,” which asks supporters for tips on the latest neoconservative mischief. “If you see something, say something,” the website says. So Rand Paul’s statement came as a surprise to his supporters and detractors alike, and it was the first in a series of such remarks.

The story of Paul’s January trip is the tale of a group of Evangelicals and Jews determined to help get Paul right with Israel, and to take his measure as a man and a politician. Paul says he wanted merely to “learn more about the Middle East,” but he is clearly cultivating the ties among the Jewish and Evangelical leaders whose support would be essential in a GOP primary battle. The trip was a one turning point in the transformation of Rand Paul from libertarian gadfly to viable presidential candidate.

“I’m sure one of the reasons that Rand wanted to participate with me is because he’s interested in the long term,” says David Lane, the prominent Evangelical leader who organized the senator’s trip, his first to the country. “I knew if he spent a week in Israel, his life would change.”

Source

The more I hear from Rand Paul, the more I like him.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Rand Paul embraces Israel Empty Re: Rand Paul embraces Israel

Post by Bryant Sun May 05, 2013 5:46 pm

Unlike his dad, Rand is just a neoCon in libertarian clothing.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Mon May 06, 2013 10:07 am

Bryant wrote:Unlike his dad, Rand is just a neoCon in libertarian clothing.

A Neo-Con is more in line with a Dem. A Neo-Con wouldn't have singlehandedly fillibustered Congress like he did. In fact the Neo-Cons, ala McCain, hate him and support the current admin.

Please learn what a Neo-Con is.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down