Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dad charged with making terroristic threats after testing school’s safety system

3 posters

Go down

Dad charged with making terroristic threats after testing school’s safety system Empty Dad charged with making terroristic threats after testing school’s safety system

Post by Dennis324 Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:21 pm

A North Texas father’s attempt to test the safety response of his child’s school had an unintended consequence—for the father. After walking into the school saying he was a gunman, the unarmed Ron Miller has been charged with making "terroristic threats" at Celina Elementary School.

According to Celina school district superintendent Donny O'Dell, Miller approached a greeter at the school and told her: “I am a gunman. My target is inside of the building. I'm going in the building. You stop me." Added O’Dell to local news station WFAA: “They recognized, at that point, that he did not have a weapon and they were able to go ahead and tell him to leave."

The school’s principal chose not to call 911, instead dialing a nonemergency number, because the 44-year-old Miller, a paramedic, was immediately recognized as a parent and school volunteer.

After Miller left, there was no lockdown and no threat to kids’ safety, according to O’Dell, who also admitted that they did find some problems with their safety response. For one, the greeter had no radio to contact the police.
Dumb@ss of the year.

Man, just when you think you've seen it all. People's stupidity knows no bounds. Rolling Eyes
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Dad charged with making terroristic threats after testing school’s safety system Empty Re: Dad charged with making terroristic threats after testing school’s safety system

Post by Bryant Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:14 am

Yeah, this is up there with making a false bomb threat. I don't know what he was thinking.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dad charged with making terroristic threats after testing school’s safety system Empty Re: Dad charged with making terroristic threats after testing school’s safety system

Post by Marconius Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:56 pm

Not the dumbest:

About 10 years ago, the police chief of Opelousas staged a terror attack and hostage situation at the local post office.........without telling anyone first!!! They didn't even tell other law enforcement agencies!!!

I tried to look it up, but couldn't find it.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down