Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Same Place; Different People

3 posters

Go down

Same Place; Different People Empty Same Place; Different People

Post by Marconius Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:50 am

Well, the guys over here in Cali. invited me to go shooting this weekend. I don't quite know if I am going. Of the 12 or so people going, all will be over the age of 25. Only 4 have ever handled a firearm before and only 2 of them have fired on a regular basis. I don't think I want to be in a group of inexperienced shooters, that large, without a certified instructor. Let it be known that Santa Maria/Orcutt/Lompoc is a bright red spot in a sea of blue.

Ask 12 boys over the age of 10 in my home state and I would say at least 10-11 of them have not only handled firearms, but they have taken the safety course, own at least one firearm(very good chance for more....I had 3 by 10), and go hunting/shooting on a regular basis.

I told the guys that I thought it was strange that they waited so long to become familiar with firearms. They thought my parents were crazy(as well as me and everyone else back home) for teaching 6 and 7 years olds how to use firearms.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Same Place; Different People Empty Re: Same Place; Different People

Post by Dennis324 Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:26 am

I dont know if I'd go either. LAst week my cousin's husband asked me to go shooting with he and his young son. I begged off and said I'd pulled a muscle in my back. I just dont know him that well.

It probably woulda been ok, but I like to know the people I'm shooting with, ya know?
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:14 pm

Marconius wrote:Well, the guys over here in Cali. invited me to go shooting this weekend. I don't quite know if I am going. Of the 12 or so people going, all will be over the age of 25. Only 4 have ever handled a firearm before and only 2 of them have fired on a regular basis. I don't think I want to be in a group of inexperienced shooters, that large, without a certified instructor. Let it be known that Santa Maria/Orcutt/Lompoc is a bright red spot in a sea of blue.

Ask 12 boys over the age of 10 in my home state and I would say at least 10-11 of them have not only handled firearms, but they have taken the safety course, own at least one firearm(very good chance for more....I had 3 by 10), and go hunting/shooting on a regular basis.

I told the guys that I thought it was strange that they waited so long to become familiar with firearms. They thought my parents were crazy(as well as me and everyone else back home) for teaching 6 and 7 years olds how to use firearms.

There is a strong gun culture in many parts of California (after all, we were the wild west), however far too many people don't understand how to responsibly handle a firearm (or pick up their damn brass after target shooting!).
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down