Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Honest Question

3 posters

Go down

Honest Question Empty Honest Question

Post by Marconius Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:15 pm

I hear many people these days saying things like "Conservatives are racist".

I really wanna know:

How is the Democratic party, a party built on racism and steeped in the KKK, a party that continues its racist ideology to this day, seen as "non-racist"???
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Honest Question Empty Re: Honest Question

Post by Bryant Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:55 pm

It is true that the Democratic Party does have roots in racism and at one time did embrace the KKK, however it has since undergone a political realignment and those who are still around from those days that hold those views have either switched to the GOP or become unaffiliated. I'm curious to hear how their ideology is racist.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:07 pm

Bryant wrote:It is true that the Democratic Party does have roots in racism and at one time did embrace the KKK, however it has since undergone a political realignment and those who are still around from those days that hold those views have either switched to the GOP or become unaffiliated. I'm curious to hear how their ideology is racist.

So you really believe that??? You really believe that party affiliation absolves racial feelings??? You really feel that somehow the average Democrat is morally superior to average Republican??? That in and of itself is profiling...........kinda scratching on the door of intolerance with that. In fact your statement basically proves that no one is immune(of course you are registered Republican, if I remember correctly, so you are expected to make those broad, generalizations about groups of people).

"You cannot go to a 7-11 or Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian Accent." -Joe Biden

Mahatma Gandhi "ran a gas station down in Saint Louis."- Hillary Clinton

“You fucking Jew bastard.”-Hillary Clinton

"You'd find these potentates from down in Africa, you know, rather than eating each other, they'd just come up and get a good square meal in Geneva."- Fritz Hollings

Blacks and Hispanics are "too busy eating watermelons and tacos" to learn how to read and write."- Mike Wallace

"The Jews don't like Farrakhan, so they call me Hitler. Well, that's a good name. Hitler was a very great man. He rose Germany up from the ashes."-Louis Farrakhan

"I want to go up to the closest white person and say: 'You can't understand this, it's a black thing' and then slap him, just for my mental health."-Charles Barron

eh, the list is endless and we don't even touch on the actual driving force behind the Dems finally getting behind equal rights for all (even though by their own admission "Civil Rights are not for white people"). You also realize blacks were generally excluded from welfare until LBJ's term. LBJ was not a closet racist. He was out front about it and made his reasons for going ahead with the afore mentioned programs well known. Before the 1970's most people of color were GOP(which means his reasoning was actually 100% correct). This includes people like MLK (who openly endorsed Nixon). We know many "Dixiecrats" did leave the Democratic party, but if you think "most" left, you are sorely mistaken. Why do you think both Reps and Dems treat minorities much in the same way???

If you cannot see that governmental reliance is in fact "servitude" and the buying of votes, then we as a nation are truly lost.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:03 pm

Marconius wrote:
Bryant wrote:It is true that the Democratic Party does have roots in racism and at one time did embrace the KKK, however it has since undergone a political realignment and those who are still around from those days that hold those views have either switched to the GOP or become unaffiliated. I'm curious to hear how their ideology is racist.

So you really believe that??? You really believe that party affiliation absolves racial feelings??? You really feel that somehow the average Democrat is morally superior to average Republican??? That in and of itself is profiling...........kinda scratching on the door of intolerance with that. In fact your statement basically proves that no one is immune(of course you are registered Republican, if I remember correctly, so you are expected to make those broad, generalizations about groups of people).

"You cannot go to a 7-11 or Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian Accent." -Joe Biden

Mahatma Gandhi "ran a gas station down in Saint Louis."- Hillary Clinton

“You fucking Jew bastard.”-Hillary Clinton

"You'd find these potentates from down in Africa, you know, rather than eating each other, they'd just come up and get a good square meal in Geneva."- Fritz Hollings

Blacks and Hispanics are "too busy eating watermelons and tacos" to learn how to read and write."- Mike Wallace

"The Jews don't like Farrakhan, so they call me Hitler. Well, that's a good name. Hitler was a very great man. He rose Germany up from the ashes."-Louis Farrakhan

"I want to go up to the closest white person and say: 'You can't understand this, it's a black thing' and then slap him, just for my mental health."-Charles Barron

eh, the list is endless and we don't even touch on the actual driving force behind the Dems finally getting behind equal rights for all (even though by their own admission "Civil Rights are not for white people"). You also realize blacks were generally excluded from welfare until LBJ's term. LBJ was not a closet racist. He was out front about it and made his reasons for going ahead with the afore mentioned programs well known. Before the 1970's most people of color were GOP(which means his reasoning was actually 100% correct). This includes people like MLK (who openly endorsed Nixon). We know many "Dixiecrats" did leave the Democratic party, but if you think "most" left, you are sorely mistaken. Why do you think both Reps and Dems treat minorities much in the same way???

If you cannot see that governmental reliance is in fact "servitude" and the buying of votes, then we as a nation are truly lost.

I don't appreciate you putting words in my mouth. I never stated that there are no racists in the Democratic Party, nor did I suggest that all (or even a notable minority) of the Republican Party is dominated by racists. All I stated is that todays Democratic Party isn't the party of Wilson, and that most of the racists defected to the GOP with the Dixiecrat.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:16 am

I think the Democratic Party began realigning itself with JFK and continued on with LBJ. They began to embrace minority issues around this time I think. LBJ was responsible for designing the "Great Society" legislation that included laws that upheld civil rights, public broadcasting, Medicare, Medicaid, environmental protection, aid to education, and his "War on Poverty. LBJ wanted to be a 'Civil Rights' president.

Actually the shift may go all the way back to FDR and his 'New Deal' and 'Great Society' liberalism. Blacks began to shift their allegiance from the GOP to the Democratic party around that era. I think Kennedy and LBJ enacted legislation that furthered this shift and the Dems became entrenched at this point.

Of course, the Democratic party has begun to shift again to a more socially progressive movement. Now they also champion universal healthcare, gay marriage, stem cell research, stricter gun control and abortion rights. The environmentalist activists have a greater voice now within the Democratic Party.

It has become a much different party than the one my own father supported in the 50s.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:04 am

Dennis324 wrote:I think the Democratic Party began realigning itself with JFK and continued on with LBJ. They began to embrace minority issues around this time I think. LBJ was responsible for designing the "Great Society" legislation that included laws that upheld civil rights, public broadcasting, Medicare, Medicaid, environmental protection, aid to education, and his "War on Poverty. LBJ wanted to be a 'Civil Rights' president.

Actually the shift may go all the way back to FDR and his 'New Deal' and 'Great Society' liberalism. Blacks began to shift their allegiance from the GOP to the Democratic party around that era. I think Kennedy and LBJ enacted legislation that furthered this shift and the Dems became entrenched at this point.

Of course, the Democratic party has begun to shift again to a more socially progressive movement. Now they also champion universal healthcare, gay marriage, stem cell research, stricter gun control and abortion rights. The environmentalist activists have a greater voice now within the Democratic Party.

It has become a much different party than the one my own father supported in the 50s.

Actually Dennis, LBJ's support of minorities wasn't "for caring" about them. It was for their votes. He even said it proudly. He openly claimed "I'll have them voting Democrat for the next 200 years". Of course he put a derogatory name starting with "N" up in that statement. Many of the people who held that same view with him, are high ranking members of the party today and have the largest say-so in party beliefs.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:05 am

Bryant wrote:
I don't appreciate you putting words in my mouth. I never stated that there are no racists in the Democratic Party, nor did I suggest that all (or even a notable minority) of the Republican Party is dominated by racists. All I stated is that todays Democratic Party isn't the party of Wilson, and that most of the racists defected to the GOP with the Dixiecrat.

Yeah, that's exactly what you said..................

Bryant wrote: those who are still around from those days that hold those views have either switched to the GOP or become unaffiliated.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:23 am

Marconius wrote:

Actually Dennis, LBJ's support of minorities wasn't "for caring" about them. It was for their votes. He even said it proudly. He openly claimed "I'll have them voting Democrat for the next 200 years". Of course he put a derogatory name starting with "N" up in that statement. Many of the people who held that same view with him, are high ranking members of the party today and have the largest say-so in party beliefs.
Oh yeah, I agree about LBJ. He was a real piece of work. Smile
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down