Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is this guy still in Congress

4 posters

Go down

Why is this guy still in Congress Empty Why is this guy still in Congress

Post by Marconius Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:25 pm

I know this is old, but I can't help it this time.

Hank Johnson was afraid Guam could capsize due to overpopulation:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20001567-503544.html

To be fair to Mr. Johnson, he does have Hepatitis C. This condition is know to leave people somewhat disoriented. Even so, if the man is that disoriented, why is he making legislative decisions at any level other than his personal home and family??? Nope, the public will keep putting people like this into office and then wonder "what is wrong with our country".
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Why is this guy still in Congress Empty Re: Why is this guy still in Congress

Post by Dennis324 Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:34 pm

Marconius wrote:I know this is old, but I can't help it this time.

Hank Johnson was afraid Guam could capsize due to overpopulation:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20001567-503544.html

To be fair to Mr. Johnson, he does have Hepatitis C. This condition is know to leave people somewhat disoriented. Even so, if the man is that disoriented, why is he making legislative decisions at any level other than his personal home and family??? Nope, the public will keep putting people like this into office and then wonder "what is wrong with our country".
Remember what I said a few days ago about some people in our country being too stupid to vote?

Smile
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:02 am

If he really meant what the latter part of the article stated then I don't see a problem. If he actually thought the island would capsize, then yes he needs to go.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:09 am

Bryant wrote:If he really meant what the latter part of the article stated then I don't see a problem. If he actually thought the island would capsize, then yes he needs to go.

In a video I watched, he looks visibly disoriented and confused. He stutters and stammers over his words and has a glazed look in his eyes.

I do not know anything about this Congressman other than this episode. I do not know what his mental capacity was or is or how HepC has affected him, but if it is affecting him to that extent, should he stand down??? Wouldn't it be the duty of his constituancy to somewhat force him to stand down??? I mean I strongly agree with non-discrimination based on afflictions and hadicaps, but if a person's mind is being affected, what choice would we have???
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:28 pm

Marconius wrote:
Bryant wrote:If he really meant what the latter part of the article stated then I don't see a problem. If he actually thought the island would capsize, then yes he needs to go.

In a video I watched, he looks visibly disoriented and confused. He stutters and stammers over his words and has a glazed look in his eyes.

I do not know anything about this Congressman other than this episode. I do not know what his mental capacity was or is or how HepC has affected him, but if it is affecting him to that extent, should he stand down??? Wouldn't it be the duty of his constituancy to somewhat force him to stand down??? I mean I strongly agree with non-discrimination based on afflictions and hadicaps, but if a person's mind is being affected, what choice would we have???

My outlook is if you can't do the job, you shouldn't be doing it. If you are not of consistent sound mind, you are not qualified to make laws or set policy (countdown to sarcastic response in 3...2...1...) and should resign. Nothing dishonorable about stepping down for medical reasons.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:24 am

Bryant wrote:
My outlook is if you can't do the job, you shouldn't be doing it. If you are not of consistent sound mind, you are not qualified to make laws or set policy (countdown to sarcastic response in 3...2...1...) and should resign.

By that rationale, 90% of politicians out there should be out of a job - everywhere, not just in the US...
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down