Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clinton to face Congress on Benghazi

Go down

Clinton to face Congress on Benghazi Empty Clinton to face Congress on Benghazi

Post by Dennis324 Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:31 am

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will testify publicly to Congress on the findings of the State Department's investigation into the deadly Sept. 11 attack on the American compound in Benghazi, Libya, a top lawmaker said Friday.

Republicans have accused the administration of misleading the public by playing down intelligence that it was a terrorist attack. They have also charged that the administration ignored requests for increased security in Benghazi and expressions of concern about extremists operating in the eastern Libyan city.

The White House flatly denies deliberately misleading the public.

Some of this is probably just politics, but I still think there's something really suspicious about this whole affair. I dunno if the President deliberately did something that led to these people's deaths, of if someone just goofed, or what. But I just cannot imagine our ambassador being in that area whith so little protection. I would have thought we'd have had US Marines protecting him rather than hiring the job out to Libyans.

I also think its odd how just prior to the attacks, apparently one of the people who died there sent a msg saying how the Libyan police or security or whatever was photographing the area. Why would they do this? I think it might be that Al Quaida or someone affilitated with them had bribed these security people.

Also we've learned from news reports that help was only a matter of 2 hours away at the most. But no help came even though one of the retired Seals defending the place called for help for roughly 7 hours.

It'll be interesting to learn what Clinton has to say about this.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down