Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carl Rove Offended by Clint Eastwood Super Bowl Ad

3 posters

Go down

Carl Rove Offended by Clint Eastwood Super Bowl Ad Empty Carl Rove Offended by Clint Eastwood Super Bowl Ad

Post by Bryant Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:48 pm

Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Carl Rove Offended by Clint Eastwood Super Bowl Ad Empty Re: Carl Rove Offended by Clint Eastwood Super Bowl Ad

Post by Marconius Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:54 pm

Can't see the vid. Doesn't really matter. That was a very inoffensive commercial. I don't think I even care enough about why Rove was pissed to even look up what he had to say. I still don't see why people get offended so easily these days.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Carl Rove Offended by Clint Eastwood Super Bowl Ad Empty Re: Carl Rove Offended by Clint Eastwood Super Bowl Ad

Post by Marconius Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:30 am

Ok, so I lied. Curiosity got the best of me and I looked it up.

Rove was being a baby (funny 'cause he kinda looks like an infant...pudgy face and all).

Eastwood handled himself very well in his response.

Bottom line: The ad wasn't supposed to make a political statement. It was a "feel good" commercial made to be aired during one of the greatest entertainment events of the year. Totally understandable and most of the people I talked to today really liked that ad the most. I liked it. Even though Fiat is the major shareholder of Chrysler, I still accept that commercial while I hate the Japanese brands that show how we should be proud to build their cars here. That's just my bias.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:23 pm

I have to admit that after I 1st saw that ad, I wondered if there was some subtext going on in it. And...it turns out that the 'people' who made the ad (not Eastwood) are big Obama supporters.

But, I agree with Bill OReilly on this. Eastwood said the ad was about America, had nothing to do with re-electing Obama and I take him at his word. Eastwood is a straight shooter and if he tells ya something, you can pretty much bet he's telling ya the truth.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down