Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorry Miles............

3 posters

Go down

Sorry Miles............ Empty Sorry Miles............

Post by Marconius Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:30 pm

...........but this was too tasty to pass up.

What's more, I wasn't even looking. It just showed up at the bottom of my yahoo email page.

N.C. Lawmaker Fracks Up Her Vote:
http://news.yahoo.com/n-c-lawmaker-fracks-her-vote-152255133--abc-news-politics.html
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Sorry Miles............ Empty Re: Sorry Miles............

Post by Miles1 Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:08 am

Marconius wrote:...........but this was too tasty to pass up.

What's more, I wasn't even looking. It just showed up at the bottom of my yahoo email page.

N.C. Lawmaker Fracks Up Her Vote:
http://news.yahoo.com/n-c-lawmaker-fracks-her-vote-152255133--abc-news-politics.html

Heh, we've had politicians do that here before too - and I'll see your one-politician-hitting-the-wrong-button and raise you another one :-P
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:46 am

Ouch!

Out of curiosity, what was in the bill that was worth vetoing? From what I understand fracking bans are to Democrats what voter ID laws are the Republicans, legislation targeting a false boogyman meant to consolidate support with their parties base.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:52 am

Bryant wrote:Ouch!

Out of curiosity, what was in the bill that was worth vetoing? From what I understand fracking bans are to Democrats what voter ID laws are the Republicans, legislation targeting a false boogyman meant to consolidate support with their parties base.

Hee hee, I always read "frack" like this... Smile
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:58 pm

While I don't know anything about the bill she voted on, I do think both beliefs are rooted in some truth. Both of course are blown out of proportion. Fracking has been used since the early 1950's. Usually it is safe, but with these oil shale reservoirs they are producing now, there are certain new techniques, such as multifrack, that just may be an environmental hazard. As far as I know, North Carolin's reserves have never been considered "producible". This is, from what I understand, is that the reserves there are in shale formations. If I were a state legislator in North Carolina, I wouldn't want to see fracking in my state. Not until we knew all the consequences. Since the techniques that would have to be used, are the techniques in question.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=the-truth-about-fracking

As far as voter registration cards are concerned....I like the idea. It solves more than just voter fraud.

http://www.pewtrusts.org/our_work_report_detail.aspx?id=85899370677

Last edited by Marconius on Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:07 pm

Miles1 wrote:

Hee hee, I always read "frack" like this... Smile

Even President Obama has admitted to doing it 6 times. Wow. In my mind, the vote should not count and should be recast.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down