Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spy chief Clapper wields lie detector in war on leaks

3 posters

Go down

Spy chief Clapper wields lie detector in war on leaks Empty Spy chief Clapper wields lie detector in war on leaks

Post by Dennis324 Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:24 am

Employees at many of America's top intelligence gathering and analysis agencies will have to convince a lie detector that they haven't spilled any of the nation's secrets to the media. Director of National Intelligence James Clapper announced the plan Monday to plug up leaks of sensitive information.

In plain English, that means that employees at the CIA, the Defense Intelligence Agency, the Department of Energy, the FBI, the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, the National Reconnaissance Office and the National Security Agency will be quizzed about whether they have overshared with the press. And officials in key positions could find themselves subject to more frequent polygraph tests. Clapper also asked the Intelligence Community inspector general to lead leak investigations when the Department of Justice declines to prosecute the officials involved.

Really? A Lie-detector test? Listen....'I' have beaten a lie detecter test. There's a reason polygraphs arent admissable in our courts. They can easily be beaten. And if 'I' can beat one....dont you think employees of the CIA, FBI and the like can beat it too?

Sheesh!
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Spy chief Clapper wields lie detector in war on leaks Empty Re: Spy chief Clapper wields lie detector in war on leaks

Post by Bryant Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:23 pm

Dennis324 wrote:
Employees at many of America's top intelligence gathering and analysis agencies will have to convince a lie detector that they haven't spilled any of the nation's secrets to the media. Director of National Intelligence James Clapper announced the plan Monday to plug up leaks of sensitive information.

In plain English, that means that employees at the CIA, the Defense Intelligence Agency, the Department of Energy, the FBI, the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, the National Reconnaissance Office and the National Security Agency will be quizzed about whether they have overshared with the press. And officials in key positions could find themselves subject to more frequent polygraph tests. Clapper also asked the Intelligence Community inspector general to lead leak investigations when the Department of Justice declines to prosecute the officials involved.

Really? A Lie-detector test? Listen....'I' have beaten a lie detecter test. There's a reason polygraphs arent admissable in our courts. They can easily be beaten. And if 'I' can beat one....dont you think employees of the CIA, FBI and the like can beat it too?

Sheesh!

Thats what I thought when I was reading it. I have no clue why one would waste resources and time like this.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Spy chief Clapper wields lie detector in war on leaks Empty Re: Spy chief Clapper wields lie detector in war on leaks

Post by Marconius Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:05 am

Bryant wrote:
Dennis324 wrote:

Sheesh!

Thats what I thought when I was reading it. I have no clue why one would waste resources and time like this.

But the actual wastage shouldn't really surprise you. It is easy to spend time and resources when there doesn't have to be a profit margin or even a balanced budget.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:36 am

Marconius wrote:
Bryant wrote:
Dennis324 wrote:

Sheesh!

But the actual wastage shouldn't really surprise you. It is easy to spend time and resources when there doesn't have to be a profit margin or even a balanced budget.

Perhaps thats true when you're paid off the defense budget, I've not experienced how things get done on that side of the government. What I do know is that the civilian agencies are usually chronically understaffed and under funded.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down