Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"tradidional" marriage

3 posters

Go down

"tradidional" marriage Empty "tradidional" marriage

Post by Miles1 Tue May 15, 2012 11:38 am

These are the different types of "traditional" marriage according to the bible:

"tradidional" marriage Biblemarriage
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

"tradidional" marriage Empty Re: "tradidional" marriage

Post by Marconius Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:51 pm

Hey Miles, thanks man. I used this picture on another forum group to prove a point to those who would deny same sex marriage.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:34 pm

Lol! I didnt seem to see male+male or female+female marriage allowed though. Smile

An interesting note about a man marrying his brother's widow....you guys know why they did that, right? It had nothing to do with desire or love. It was because that society was a male dominated one where women could not only NOT own property, she couldnt work (unless she became a prostitute) or even buy or sell goods by herself! Therefore if she couldnt find another husband quickly, she might become destitute. And allowing one's sister-in-law to become impoverished was a great sin in Jewish society.

Another interesting (though unrelated) thing in the Bible....anyone who harvested his fields was by law required to allow the poor come in and harvest enough of what was left over so they would not go hungry. I think the poor were allowed to go behind the harvesters and gather enough for them to eat their meals for that day (ie...not gather enough to store food and grains say for weeks or months).

Just a bit of trivia I find fascinating. We, of course, dont have to do that now because women have more rights today and can earn a living for themselves.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down