Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big games this week

3 posters

Go down

Big games this week Empty Big games this week

Post by Sir Pun Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:45 pm

Are there any in college ball? I know next fsu faces its biggest challenge of the season in #3 clemson. They win that one and i think they'll tirn enough heads to put them in championship contention.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Big games this week Empty Re: Big games this week

Post by Marconius Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 pm

LSU/Florida.

Will be the best D we face all year so if our O can move on them, we can move on anyone. Can our D stop them??? That is a question I never thought I would ask.

FSU/Clemson......man the Noles are good, but I don't know about this one. Hopefully the Tigers will pull a "Clemson" and FSU will get the win. I have nothing against Clemson, I just like FSU a tad bit more.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:32 am

Yep. those two are probably the biggest games of the weekend.  Oklahoma /Texas used to be huge, but no more.

Both the LSU and the FSU game will be very interesting.  I think FSU is one of the finest teams around and I have already said LSU is probably one of the most dangerous ones around.  I dunno if Florida can match up with LSU but I really havent watched em.

Clemson is tough.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:59 pm

Dennis324 wrote:Yep. those two are probably the biggest games of the weekend.  Oklahoma /Texas used to be huge, but no more.

Both the LSU and the FSU game will be very interesting.  I think FSU is one of the finest teams around and I have already said LSU is probably one of the most dangerous ones around.  I dunno if Florida can match up with LSU but I really havent watched em.

Clemson is tough.
Dennis, no disrespect to Bama, 'cause they are a damn good team, but don't you feel neither of our teams are as good as they have been over the past 2 years???
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:29 pm

Least you guys beat florida. Thanks lol. Idk about the fsu game next week either. Could go either way, but if fsu does win, theyre in the hunt for sure.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:40 am

Marconius wrote:
Dennis324 wrote:Yep. those two are probably the biggest games of the weekend.  Oklahoma /Texas used to be huge, but no more.

Clemson is tough.
Dennis, no disrespect to Bama, 'cause they are a damn good team, but don't you feel neither of our teams are as good as they have been over the past 2 years???
Absolutely!  Very Happy   Well, Bama isn't as good as they were last year, or the year before.  Young players I guess.  LSU has a fine qb though and that's pretty much what you guys needed I think.  You know, our two teams are putting tons of players in the NFL all the time.  (And it wasn't s very long ago that the NFL wouldn't touch our players on draft day).

*Edit* I would also add that I will be surprised if Bama goes undefeated this year.  LSU scares me.  Lol!  Auburn is better.  Missouri is better!  You see what they did to Georgia?  Of course Ga is hurting due to injuries but still. 

I think Clemson, LSU, Ohio State, Florida State, Oregon...are probably the best teams right now.   We ....might be capable of winning a game against some of those teams, but I dunno.  I thought Stanford was in that group but they got beat last week.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:59 pm

Dennis324 wrote:Absolutely!  Very Happy   Well, Bama isn't as good as they were last year, or the year before.  Young players I guess.  LSU has a fine qb though and that's pretty much what you guys needed I think.  You know, our two teams are putting tons of players in the NFL all the time.  (And it wasn't s very long ago that the NFL wouldn't touch our players on draft day).

*Edit* I would also add that I will be surprised if Bama goes undefeated this year.  LSU scares me.  Lol!  Auburn is better.  Missouri is better!  You see what they did to Georgia?  Of course Ga is hurting due to injuries but still. 

I think Clemson, LSU, Ohio State, Florida State, Oregon...are probably the best teams right now.   We ....might be capable of winning a game against some of those teams, but I dunno.  I thought Stanford was in that group but they got beat last week.
Yeah, I guess we both lost a lot of guys......they have been looking good on Sundays though. It seems like LSU's D is coming together and Bama's O-line is gelling(if the last six quarters mean anything to both teams) so who knows what the end of the season holds. Seems like we are once again on a collision course to determine the SEC ball of wax. I thought UGA was good, but they have way too many injuries now(which speaks to their depth, LSU/Bama at one time could have that many injuries and shake it off). Now I just don't see anyone from the east stacking up. I'm beginning to think I can see the end of SEC dominance.

Yeah, the Barn is beginning to get on a little roll. Maybe the Iron bowl will be interesting this year(still think y'all will take them by at least 10). I wouldn't worry too much about Mizzou. They just lost their QB for the season.

I see Oregon and FSU being the only two teams to worry about. Clemson will pull a Clemson and Ohio plays nobody of any talent. Ohio could win out and still slip out of the picture on strength of schedule. Oregon and FSU meanwhile are for real.

Man, I love college football. Breaks my heart to know that this year's version of NCAA football on PS3 will be the last. No need to have a PS3 anymore.....only game I still play.....and yeah, I am unbeatable.

Big games this week 3097706755 
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:56 pm

Ever notice how game graphics for new systems arent that much better than the ones on the old systems at first?

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:32 pm

Yeah. Cause game mechanics take a few months to take full advantage of the system's capabilities.

You got a new system???
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:34 pm

You just happy that FSU is finally climbing that mountain again. College football just isn't the same without a dominant FSU.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:22 am

Amen

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:53 pm

I had hoped that FSU would join the SEC last time around.  But I guess Florida black balled them.

Btw...I didn't mean I think Auburn is better than LSU.  They aren't.  But they are improved.  Cool
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:44 pm

Well, Marc you were right about Clemson. FSU played a great game and Clemson's qb kept throwing the ball at his recievers' feet instead of at their numbers. FSU looks powerful and Clemson threw up all over themselves.

Auburn won (darn it) and looked pretty good doing it. Trey Mason is one heckuva rb.
Bama played pretty well I thought. We don't seem to be looking as confused out there as before. We lost one of our best players though.

I dunno what happened to LSU.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:55 am

No marc, i havent played videogames since my daughter was born

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:24 pm

Lol!  I played NCAA football on my PS3 the other day.  Smile