Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

College ball week 1

3 posters

Go down

College ball week 1 Empty College ball week 1

Post by Sir Pun Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:56 am

Lsu, bama, and fsu all looked good this week. Definitely something special abt fsu's redshirt qb

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

College ball week 1 Empty Re: College ball week 1

Post by Marconius Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:32 am

Bama won, but didn't look good doing it. O-line needs a lot of work. Football is won and lost in the trenches. That did not look like a Bama O-line. Thank goodness VT's QB is trash and can't hit the broad side of a barn.

QB at FSU is the real deal. That was the best debut I have ever personally seen.

LSU tried hard to lose at times.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:13 pm

Oh yeah, but its the opener man. Lsu and bama may not have dominated, but the first week is like a preseason game. Why we've alrdy seen some upsets. I think college ball is getting a lot more competative like the pros, where you see more 3-7 point games than lopsided routes. Least with all the competative leagues. Youre still gonna have your smaller clubs getting beat likethat though

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:28 pm

Sir Pun wrote:Lsu, bama, and fsu all looked good this week. Definitely something special abt fsu's redshirt qb
That qb is all the talk here today!  In the wake of the Johnny Football prima donnas, he's a breath of fresh air.  seems like he has as much class as he has talent too!  Smile  He lives about 30 miles away from me.  I haven't watched that game yet but have it recorded and will probably watch it tonight!
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:31 pm

Marconius wrote:Bama won, but didn't look good doing it. O-line needs a lot of work. Football is won and lost in the trenches. That did not look like a Bama O-line. Thank goodness VT's QB is trash and can't hit the broad side of a barn.

QB at FSU is the real deal. That was the best debut I have ever personally seen.

LSU tried hard to lose at times.
Yep, we looked terrible on the O-line.  I was sick watching AJ c\scramble for his life out there.  The O-line ...heck the entire offense looked confused out there.  Hopefully they'll get it together in the next coupla weeks. 

Btw... you know who V. Tech's offensive coordinator is dontcha?  The same guy who was coaching at Auburn last year.  He sucked there too.

Incidentally one of our recievers quit today.  Kenny Bell...a good receiver quit.  Said he wanted to spend time with the family or something, but word from the Capstone is that he was upset about lack of playing time.  Oh well.  Receiver is one position we are loaded with.

TCU is a good team.  So that would account for LSU's difficulty, but the Tigers won in the end.  I figured they would.  didn't say it would be easy though.  College ball week 1 1548726808
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:20 pm

I dunno Dennis. I watched that Bama game with a buddy who is from Bama. He, like you, wasn't happy with the play of the offense.....especially QB play. I really didn't see it that way. The best QB in football woulda had problems with the protection he was given. AJ is a known commodity. Your RB and WR are all known as well. With all the shifting you guys did on the line, growing pains are to be expected. Basically you have only one guy starting at the same position he started last year and three of your guys are first timers. Your guys are also feeling the pain of losing Jones. He called blocking assignments and was one of the best ever at it. They will get better.

I'll reserve judgement until y'all play TAM. VT has a good D-Line, TAM does not. Your team should be able to pound the rock and protect AJ. The D will be tested for the first time though.

We got a couple of gimmes before the Barn comes to town, then we play UGA. UGA doesn't scare me as much now as they did before.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:53 am

Yeah hard to tell how uga may do this year. Just remember clemson is a very good team with a big time senior qb

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:25 am

Marconius wrote:I dunno Dennis. I watched that Bama game with a buddy who is from Bama. He, like you, wasn't happy with the play of the offense.....especially QB play. I really didn't see it that way. The best QB in football woulda had problems with the protection he was given. AJ is a known commodity. Your RB and WR are all known as well. With all the shifting you guys did on the line, growing pains are to be expected. Basically you have only one guy starting at the same position he started last year and three of your guys are first timers. Your guys are also feeling the pain of losing Jones. He called blocking assignments and was one of the best ever at it. They will get better.

I'll reserve judgement until y'all play TAM. VT has a good D-Line, TAM does not. Your team should be able to pound the rock and protect AJ. The D will be tested for the first time though.

We got a couple of gimmes before the Barn comes to town, then we play UGA. UGA doesn't scare me as much now as they did before.
Oh that's what I meant.  Sorry I didn't clarify.  Smile  Yeah, AJ is a fine qb, probably one of the best we've had since Namath and Stabler.  But the O-line and young players at skill positions seemed confused.  This is why (imo) AJ was scrambling around so much.  And yeah, Barrett Jones was probably one of the top O-linemen we've ever had.  I can think of some others but they went on to have legendary NFL careers.  Hope Jones can do that too.  Smile

That LSU Ga game is gonna be a good one.  Ga doesn't look as tough as they were last year when we played em, but they are still dangerous.  LSU looks good imo. 

Hey, are you hoping someone jacks 'Johnny Manziel's" jaw as much as I am?  Man he's turned out to be a real prima donna hasn't he?

College ball week 1 Th?id=HJ.206642746371&pid=15College ball week 1 Th?id=H.4542607684012338&pid=15College ball week 1 Th?id=H.4941154845722039&pid=15

Last edited by Dennis324 on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:37 am; edited 3 times in total
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:26 am

Sir Pun wrote:Yeah hard to tell how uga may do this year. Just remember clemson is a very good team with a big time senior qb
Yep Clemson is good and I'm cheering for Dabo Sweeney.  He played at Bama.  Smile
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down