Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carville on democrats

5 posters

Go down

Carville on democrats Empty Carville on democrats

Post by Sir Pun Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:38 am

“Ideologies aren’t all that important. What’s important is psychology.

The Democratic constituency is just like a herd of cows. All you have to do is lay out enough silage and they come running. That’s why I became an operative working with Democrats. With Democrats all you have to do is make a lot of noise, lay out the hay, and be ready to use the ole cattle prod in case a few want to bolt the herd.

Eighty percent of the people who call themselves Democrats don’t have a clue as to political reality.
What amazes me is that you could take a group of people who are hard workers and convince them that they should support social programs that were the exact opposite of their own personal convictions. Put a little fear here and there and you can get people to vote any way you want.

The voter is basically dumb and lazy. The reason I became a Democratic operative instead of a Republican was because there were more Democrats that didn’t have a clue than there were Republicans.

Truth is relative. Truth is what you can make the voter believe is the truth. If you’re smart enough, truth is what you make the voter think it is. That’s why I’m a Democrat. I can make the Democratic voters think whatever I want them to.”

END QUOTE

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Carville on democrats Empty Re: Carville on democrats

Post by Marconius Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:40 am

Sorry Pun, but Carville never said that.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:33 am

Sir Pun wrote:“Ideologies aren’t all that important. What’s important is psychology.

The Democratic constituency is just like a herd of cows. All you have to do is lay out enough silage and they come running. That’s why I became an operative working with Democrats. With Democrats all you have to do is make a lot of noise, lay out the hay, and be ready to use the ole cattle prod in case a few want to bolt the herd.

Eighty percent of the people who call themselves Democrats don’t have a clue as to political reality.
What amazes me is that you could take a group of people who are hard workers and convince them that they should support social programs that were the exact opposite of their own personal convictions. Put a little fear here and there and you can get people to vote any way you want.

The voter is basically dumb and lazy. The reason I became a Democratic operative instead of a Republican was because there were more Democrats that didn’t have a clue than there were Republicans.

Truth is relative. Truth is what you can make the voter believe is the truth. If you’re smart enough, truth is what you make the voter think it is. That’s why I’m a Democrat. I can make the Democratic voters think whatever I want them to.”

END QUOTE
You're posting something chastising the Democrats when the GOP's views exist almost exclusively in the echo chamber of Fox news? Do you forget which is the party or Palin, Trump, and Bachmann?
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:58 am

Bryant wrote:
Sir Pun wrote:“Ideologies aren’t all that important. What’s important is psychology.

END QUOTE
You're posting something chastising the Democrats when the GOP's views exist almost exclusively in the echo chamber of Fox news?  Do you forget which is the party or Palin, Trump, and Bachmann?
What a crock. Bryant, do you really believe what you typed even after all the echo chamber hysteria caused by the Dems. I mean really, I always thought you were smart enough to know that both parties play off each other. Do I really have to post up all the BS the Dems use to keep its supporters scared and afraid???

Hell just posting what you posted is reflecting the echo. Nothing about it was rational or intellectual.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:01 am

Obama, Pelosi, Biden, Wasserman-Shultz, Gore, both Clinton's, the list could go on and on, but you no longer see it do you. All those echos drown out meaniful sound.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:22 pm

Still sounds true though lol

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:24 pm

Bryant wrote:

END QUOTE
You're posting something chastising the Democrats when the GOP's views exist almost exclusively in the echo chamber of Fox news?  Do you forget which is the party or Palin, Trump, and Bachmann?
Eh, one might think that.  But Palin and Trump didn't bother to run for the nomination and Bachman got hammered in the process.  So apparently Republicans don't consider those guys as representing GOP ideas.

I would also add that the GOP is really beginning to be dominated by Libertarian tea party types.  Not traditional Republicans.  The party is changing from the Bob Doles, John Boehners and Mitch McConnell's to the Rand Pauls and Ted Cruz. Economically conservative but socially liberal. 
  That's not necessarily a bad thing, though I would add that Rand Paul is not his daddy.  Also I don't think Rand is as Libertarian as he claims.  And certainly not as sleazy as most GOP politicians.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:25 pm

Sir Pun wrote:Still sounds true though lol
It does!  lol!
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:49 pm

Furthermore, how many Libertarians can we count on Fox News?

John Stossel.
Judge Napolitano.
Glenn Beck used to be on Fox News.
Greg Gutfeld

There are likely many others.  But the point is that Fox really isn't the shill for the GOP that it is accused of being.  Not when you have contributors like the above and Alan Colmes, Bob Beckle, I would argue Shepard Smith, Gen Wesley Clark, Tamara Holder, Patrick Caddell, Juan Williams, Geraldo Rivera, Lis Weihl.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:30 am

Bryants echo chamber remark gave me an idea for a political cartoon. On the right, you have a podium with a fox news mic attached, that says right wing echo chamber. Then on the left you have a microphone from abc cbs nbc the times, washington post, etc attached to a podium that says left wing echo chamber Smile

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:46 am

Sir Pun wrote:Bryants echo chamber remark gave me an idea for a political cartoon. On the right, you have a podium with a fox news mic attached, that says right wing echo chamber. Then on the left you have a microphone from abc cbs nbc the times, washington post, etc attached to a podium that says left wing echo chamber Smile
But who's talking on the podium? And what you'd have to have as well on each side is each mic attached to a little speaker which is positioned in front of one of the other mics....
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:49 am

I thought about speakers lol

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:37 am

Sir Pun wrote:I thought about speakers lol
great minds think alike.. Now, have we any artists in the group?
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:40 am

I am, but never tried political cartoons

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down