Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terror in Tahrir Square: Female Journalist Gang-Raped by ‘Revolutionists’ During Cairo Demonstrations

2 posters

Go down

Terror in Tahrir Square: Female Journalist Gang-Raped by ‘Revolutionists’ During Cairo Demonstrations Empty Terror in Tahrir Square: Female Journalist Gang-Raped by ‘Revolutionists’ During Cairo Demonstrations

Post by Dennis324 Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:34 pm

A Dutch journalist was gang-raped by several men in Cairo’s Tahrir Square a few days ago, Egyptian media reported on Sunday.
“A Dutch journalist in Tahrir was raped by men who dub themselves revolutionists. Her condition is severe and she is hospitalized,” reported Dina Zakaria, a journalist reporting for the Egypt 25 News.

Terror in Tahrir Square: Female Journalist Gang-Raped by ‘Revolutionists’ During Cairo Demonstrations 600x3994
Terror in Tahrir Square: Female Journalist Gang-Raped by ‘Revolutionists’ During Cairo Demonstrations 600x393

Meanwhile, a state hospital issued a statement that the journalist was admitted after being raped by five men several days ago. She underwent surgery and has been released. It was also reported that Egypt’s Prosecutor General Talaat Abdallah ordered his staff to go to the hospital to hear the woman’s story and reveal the circumstances behind the violent attack.

Egyptian women face sexual harassment and assaults on a daily basis. During and after the revolution, there have been a number of case of foreign reporters who were sexually assaulted, such as Sonia Dridi and Lara Logan.

Sexual harassment is not new within the conservative Egyptian society, yet the extent of this phenomenon has grown and become more violent and visible. The Egyptian law defines assault as a crime, but not sexual assault.

I'm sorry to keep going on about this, but people in this part of the world, Islamic fundamentalists, apparent see us as infidels...animals.  Women have no standing there and I recall a western female journalists experiencing the same treatment a couple of years ago.  They are going to be treated savagely and yet we are sending them weapons and money.  I don't understand why we continue to do this.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Terror in Tahrir Square: Female Journalist Gang-Raped by ‘Revolutionists’ During Cairo Demonstrations Empty Re: Terror in Tahrir Square: Female Journalist Gang-Raped by ‘Revolutionists’ During Cairo Demonstrations

Post by Sir Pun Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:32 pm

Bit of a blanket reaction, i mean i get wha youre getting at, particularly with the justifications for doing things like this to non-muslims, but still, but i would say this sounded more like something the fundamentalists (like the MB) would do.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Terror in Tahrir Square: Female Journalist Gang-Raped by ‘Revolutionists’ During Cairo Demonstrations Empty Re: Terror in Tahrir Square: Female Journalist Gang-Raped by ‘Revolutionists’ During Cairo Demonstrations

Post by Dennis324 Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:44 pm

Yes, I'm talking about the fundamentalist types.  But a lot of the so-called moderates (if they exist) sure stand around and watch others get hurt.  I don't know of many moderates standing up for the rights of Coptic Christians.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down