Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media turning???

2 posters

Go down

Media turning??? Empty Media turning???

Post by Marconius Mon May 20, 2013 8:00 am

Asshat Piers Morgan "Government is borderline tyrannical", "Pro-gunners have a point", "GOP should be all over these scandals","Dems would be if it were a GOP Pres"

John Stewart has been ripping this admin for a few days now.

Has Obama had his Cronkite moment??? That is, and I'm quoting Alex Seitz-Wald from Salon(a left-wing site):

http://www.salon.com/2013/05/14/obamas_cronkite_moment/

It calls to mind one of the most famed moments in broadcasting, when CBS News legend Walter Cronkite delivered an editorial opinion after the Tet Offensive in February 1968 saying, “It is increasingly clear to this reporter that the only rational way out then will be to negotiate, not as victors, but as an honorable people who lived up to their pledge to defend democracy, and did the best they could.”

Apparently watching at the White House, President Johnson, who had lost the left long ago, reportedly turned to an aide and said, “If I’ve lost Cronkite, I’ve lost Middle America.”

So how bad would this admin look if the media never did protect him??? Would there still be people blindly making excuses???
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Media turning??? Empty Re: Media turning???

Post by Sir Pun Mon May 20, 2013 8:51 am

He never would have had a second term. Or a first. But now that that's assured, and with the AP mess, i think the media is finally turning. It was fine as long as it was the war on fox, but the AP is as mainstream as you can get. Not to mention this admin has always used strongarm tactics with the media. It just amazes me how laissez fair obamas supporters are about all these scandals. As if its some right-wing witch hunt, or just no big deal.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down