Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Black Sabbath

3 posters

Go down

New Black Sabbath Empty New Black Sabbath

Post by Bryant Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:43 pm

Thoughts?

Last edited by Bryant on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Better video.)
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

New Black Sabbath Empty Re: New Black Sabbath

Post by Dennis324 Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:52 pm

Oh...Black Sabbath? Laughing

Well...ok, my thoughts.

1. God isnt dead. Lets get that out of the way now.
2. I'm a fan of Black Sabbath...even as a Christian. I was also a big Ozzy fan and loved his music. I also like Ronnie James Dio (rip). Though I dont listen to much heavy metle these days (hey...I'm 50. Time for me to grow up). Lol!
3. Tony Iommi has some of the most beautifully dark riffs of anyone I know. Othe groups are harder and faster...but Iommi's music is just classic.
4. Great to hear Ozzy singing with Black Sabbath again.

But this whole God is dead / Blackness/ wicked imagery is their gimmick. In a way its very theatrical much like Alice Cooper's or AC/DC's image. I think the title of this song is just as much a gimmick as the rumor that playing records backward back in the day had some sort of evil connotation to it. It's pure theatrics made to appeal to mostly teenagers who can be pretty dark and moody anyway.

That being said, the lyrics of this song seems to be a little bolder than their sweet leaf and Children of the Grave years. But most things in entertainmemt these days are.

The title and lyrics are done for shock value. Pretty much harmless as far as I can tell though. At least as harmless as Harry Potter is harmless fun. I dont think this is nearly as dangerouse (imo) as some films and stuff we see on tv these days in prime time. I think Family Guy is far more destructive to children than Black Sabbath.

(Surprised)? Cool
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:04 am

Dennis324 wrote:Oh...Black Sabbath? Laughing

Well...ok, my thoughts.

1. God isnt dead. Lets get that out of the way now.
2. I'm a fan of Black Sabbath...even as a Christian. I was also a big Ozzy fan and loved his music. I also like Ronnie James Dio (rip). Though I dont listen to much heavy metle these days (hey...I'm 50. Time for me to grow up). Lol!
3. Tony Iommi has some of the most beautifully dark riffs of anyone I know. Othe groups are harder and faster...but Iommi's music is just classic.
4. Great to hear Ozzy singing with Black Sabbath again.

But this whole God is dead / Blackness/ wicked imagery is their gimmick. In a way its very theatrical much like Alice Cooper's or AC/DC's image. I think the title of this song is just as much a gimmick as the rumor that playing records backward back in the day had some sort of evil connotation to it. It's pure theatrics made to appeal to mostly teenagers who can be pretty dark and moody anyway.

That being said, the lyrics of this song seems to be a little bolder than their sweet leaf and Children of the Grave years. But most things in entertainmemt these days are.

The title and lyrics are done for shock value. Pretty much harmless as far as I can tell though. At least as harmless as Harry Potter is harmless fun. I dont think this is nearly as dangerouse (imo) as some films and stuff we see on tv these days in prime time. I think Family Guy is far more destructive to children than Black Sabbath.

(Surprised)? Cool

God is Dead is a question, a response to Nietzsche's declaration. In the song the narrator ultimately disagrees, declaring " I don’t believe that God is dead."
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:53 am

Its a good song. Beautiful guitars. Smile I saw the question mark.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:29 am

I got no interest in old guys trying to be relevant again. I guess now that Ozzy is sober, the reasons for him and Sabbath going seperate ways are void.

Still not interested.

Clutch has a new one as well. That interests me.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down