Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pat Robertson Blames Ivy League Schools For Lack Of Miracles In America

4 posters

Go down

Pat Robertson Blames Ivy League Schools For Lack Of Miracles In America Empty Pat Robertson Blames Ivy League Schools For Lack Of Miracles In America

Post by Bryant Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:39 pm

Pat Robertson Blames Ivy League Schools For Lack Of Miracles In America
NEETZAN ZIMMERMAN
Talking Points Memo

It may have been April 1st yesterday, but televangelist Pat Robertson wasn’t kidding when he told a viewer that Americans aren’t experiencing God’s miracles because they are too “sophisticated.”

Why do miracles “happen with great frequency in Africa, and not here in the USA?” asked a 700 Club patron Ken. “People overseas didn’t go to Ivy League schools,” Robertson replied with a chuckle.

“We are so sophisticated, we think we’ve got everything figured out,” the Christian Broadcasting Network chairman continued. “We know about evolution, we know about Darwin, we know about all these things that says God isn’t real, we know about all this stuff.”

According to Robertson, it’s the “skepticism and secularism” that is being taught at “the most advanced schools” around the country that is keeping God’s miracles at bay.

Meanwhile, Africans are “simple” and “humble.” “You tell ‘em God loves ‘em and they say, ‘Okay, he loves me’,” said Robertson. “You say God will do miracles and they say, ‘Okay, we believe him’.”

If Americans wish to experience more miracle, Robertson concluded, they must reject their miracle-negating sophistication in favor of the more credulous African way of life.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pat Robertson Blames Ivy League Schools For Lack Of Miracles In America Empty Re: Pat Robertson Blames Ivy League Schools For Lack Of Miracles In America

Post by Marconius Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:34 pm

Never thought anyone would ever use the term "sophisticated" to describe someone like me.

Someone needs to tell Mr. Robertson just how wrong he is.

sophisticated my ass......................
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Pat Robertson Blames Ivy League Schools For Lack Of Miracles In America Empty Re: Pat Robertson Blames Ivy League Schools For Lack Of Miracles In America

Post by Miles1 Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:14 am

He didn't actually say just Africans were simple and humble, he pretty much said that everyone outside of the US was simpler and humbler. Well gee shucks, was so embarrassed by the attention there that I almost forgot to wipe the drool off this here keyboard thingy before I started typing...

Do you guys use the word "muppet" over there as a slang term? You should. Is a prime example here of where it should be used.
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:22 am

Bryant wrote:
If Americans wish to experience more miracle, Robertson concluded, they must reject their miracle-negating sophistication in favor of the more credulous African way of life.

So as well as a "simpler" belief in God you should believe in women getting pregnant by invisible magic penises (& turning into snails), goats robbing cars, and penis snatchings...
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:40 am

Miles1 wrote:He didn't actually say just Africans were simple and humble, he pretty much said that everyone outside of the US was simpler and humbler. Well gee shucks, was so embarrassed by the attention there that I almost forgot to wipe the drool off this here keyboard thingy before I started typing...

Do you guys use the word "muppet" over there as a slang term? You should. Is a prime example here of where it should be used.
'Muppet' over here is more like Kermit the Frog and Fozzie Bear. Smile

Pat said that people overseas werent as sophiosticated and didnt go to Ivy League schools. But when read in context I think he meant people in 3rd world countries...not people in Europe and certainly not in the UK. My goodness some of the best Univesities in the world are in Europe and the UK. And i think the author of that article knows this, but if he doesnt mention it then it gives him more reason to take a shot at an old man.

When I read Pat's statements I got that he believes the probnlem we have here is that beause of so called top universities teaching secularism...we have produced a couple of generations of Americans who no longer rely on God. Because of this, we no longer experience God's blessings. According to the Bible this same sort of thing happened to Israel a nuber of times. So Pat is drawing upon those teachings.

Of course, it gives opponents another reason to talk about magic penises. And of course they have no genda do they? Rolling Eyes
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down