Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Photoshopped WWII images

3 posters

Go down

Photoshopped WWII images Empty Photoshopped WWII images

Post by Marconius Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:41 am

I hate to keep robbing another forum(second time today), but these pics are interesting as hell. Modern/WWII photos merged together.

http://www.dailyfunlists.com/25-world-war-ii-images-photoshopped-into-modern-scenes/
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Photoshopped WWII images Empty Re: Photoshopped WWII images

Post by Sir Pun Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:11 am

Hmm, from the title i thought they were air rushing guns out of WWII pics

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:50 am

cool though huh
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:51 am

Yeah like looking at ghosts

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:19 am

thought when you posted this, it was going to be stuff like this:

Photoshopped WWII images Tumblr_kqzsi2eJNg1qz8vl4o1_500

Photoshopped WWII images Tumblr_mfvv6egJa71rnru74o1_500

Photoshopped WWII images Www22

Photoshopped WWII images The-dog-fight-from-hell-tie-fighter-spitfire-wwii-photo-shopped-1287703141

:-P

You;d think on picture 11 that they'd at least let Hitler keep his legs, he's just hovering there like Slimer from Ghostbusters...
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:46 am

Yours are better Very Happy

Did you watch the conspiracy vid that Bryant posted??? Classic.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:16 am

Slime sticks together

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:26 am

That is a pretty cool looking little mech though, whoever made it. Which i think calls for a debate over mechs v. Conventional armor. Alot of scifi has armor of the future in walking robots, but just how practical would that be even if we solved all the technological hurdles in making them? For instance, theres no way a walking machine can travel at 55mph, pilot or not, because all that movement motion and pressure would cause all kinds of things to tear loose, leak, bust, you name it. Also by the very fact that theyre upright, they would present a much larger target to the enemy. They would be more unstable and prone to tipping. About the only real advantage, short of it just looking cool as shit, is that they cus possibly traverse difficult terrain that tracked or wheeled vehicles couldnt, but i am interested to hear more pros if you guys can think of any.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:04 am

Pun wrote:That is a pretty cool looking little mech though, whoever made it. Which i think calls for a debate over mechs v. Conventional armor. Alot of scifi has armor of the future in walking robots, but just how practical would that be even if we solved all the technological hurdles in making them? For instance, theres no way a walking machine can travel at 55mph, pilot or not, because all that movement motion and pressure would cause all kinds of things to tear loose, leak, bust, you name it. Also by the very fact that theyre upright, they would present a much larger target to the enemy. They would be more unstable and prone to tipping. About the only real advantage, short of it just looking cool as shit, is that they cus possibly traverse difficult terrain that tracked or wheeled vehicles couldnt, but i am interested to hear more pros if you guys can think of any.

Well, seeing as in Star Wars all the mechs were defeated by a either little bit of rope or a bunch of stone age teddy bears, they definitely have their issues.... And there isn't really all that much terrain that a mech could cross that tracks or wheels couldn't, bar seriously rocky terrain where it can step over stuff, and even in that case you still need something with multiple (4 or 6) legs instead of 2 as you'd hit serious balancing issues. Mechs with 2 legs just don't really work - in that pic of the german mech, unless that cannon has some serious baffles/muzzle brakes or fires a pretty weak/low velocity shell, the mech going to end up falling on its ass from the recoil every time the cannon fires. Plus I guess there's the psychological factor, as the first thing the enemy hear is the thump-thump-thump of the footsteps - think "Jurassic Park" but with metal and guns instead of teeth :-P

And yeah, impracticalities aside, they are still bad-ass, and I can't wait for this film to come out:

Gotta love a mech where one of its main armaments is a set of "brass knuckles":

Photoshopped WWII images 403411_441012142631755_711751595_n

:-)
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:58 am

Interesting

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down