Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gun Control Debate is a Culture Debate

2 posters

Go down

The Gun Control Debate is a Culture Debate Empty The Gun Control Debate is a Culture Debate

Post by Marconius Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:56 pm

Good article. For those who do not Fox, read it anyway. Then make up your mind. Dealing with pro-banners, I find that what he says is true about their mindset. As a Libertarian, I also agree with his assertion that we are not the ones that need to defend what we can and cannot have. Rather government has to be the one to make a good argument against what we can have. "Why do you need it?" is not even close to a good argument. I also like how he points out that it is we the people who allow government to have weapons and not the other way around.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/03/19/gun-debate-is-culture-debate/?cmpid=NL_BestofOpinion#ixzz2O63j4nMZ
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

The Gun Control Debate is a Culture Debate Empty Re: The Gun Control Debate is a Culture Debate

Post by Sir Pun Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:50 pm

Unfortunately all these big national debates regarding the government have been cultural ones, and were at the point where we are now - where founding intentions and principlez no longer matter, and everything is subjective - and have allowed our government to grow into the all powerful entity it is. With the consent of the people.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

The Gun Control Debate is a Culture Debate Empty Re: The Gun Control Debate is a Culture Debate

Post by Marconius Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:41 pm

It has always been my contention that Government coerces consent through benefits that the people "think" they need. In actuality, they do not need these benefits and would be better off without government telling them what they can provide for them.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down