Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zero sense policies

4 posters

Go down

Zero sense policies Empty Zero sense policies

Post by Sir Pun Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:47 am

Ive been hearing too many of theae stories since sandy hook, that i had to vent a little about the stupidity of them. One boy was suspended for having an L-shaped (or should i say GUN SHAPED?!) piece of paper. Then another for eating his pop tart into the same shape. One was suspended for carrying a lego gun to school. One kid was having a bday party and all the little plastic army men had to be removed from the cupcakes that his mom brought in. I mean dont you think if there are going to be any zero tolerance policies about weapons, how about it just be restricted to actual weapons, and not abstract representations of them too? And the way that the left has just started treating guns like the plague, like even looking at them could kill you, to me is pushing this irrational fear complex on the kids (and sadly even their parents), which i think can have two possible outcomes. Either its going to work and we'll have a nation more ignorant and fearful of firearms, or i think its going to teach a lot of kids that just because the system pushes a rule or because adults cant differentiate between real and make believe, that it isnt always right. Maybe it will peel a few more away from the herd.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Zero sense policies Empty Re: Zero sense policies

Post by Marconius Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:47 am

Hoplophobia is rampant today. It should be treated with a week long firearm safety class at the range with significant trigger time for those who suffer.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:56 am

And agn this kind of ties into your thread about compliance with whatever the state pushes on us.

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:57 am

Is hoplophobia a real word btw?

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:17 am

Pun wrote:Is hoplophobia a real word btw?

Yep

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Hoplophobia
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:53 pm

Pun wrote:Ive been hearing too many of theae stories since sandy hook, that i had to vent a little about the stupidity of them. One boy was suspended for having an L-shaped (or should i say GUN SHAPED?!) piece of paper. Then another for eating his pop tart into the same shape. One was suspended for carrying a lego gun to school. One kid was having a bday party and all the little plastic army men had to be removed from the cupcakes that his mom brought in. I mean dont you think if there are going to be any zero tolerance policies about weapons, how about it just be restricted to actual weapons, and not abstract representations of them too? And the way that the left has just started treating guns like the plague, like even looking at them could kill you, to me is pushing this irrational fear complex on the kids (and sadly even their parents), which i think can have two possible outcomes. Either its going to work and we'll have a nation more ignorant and fearful of firearms, or i think its going to teach a lot of kids that just because the system pushes a rule or because adults cant differentiate between real and make believe, that it isnt always right. Maybe it will peel a few more away from the herd.
Pun these teachers and principals are the product of a progressive education. They have been indoctrinated in many cases by liberally progressive, anti-gun, anti Christian, anti traditional family values professors. They went through the indoctrination program and have now begun to indoctrinate our own kids today.

Not all teachers are this way. But enough of them are. And whether they admit it or not, kids look up to their teachers. Teachers are role models...just like parents are. If parents wont teach kids good values, then teachers must. And if we have some rotten teachers....?

People (kids and adults) develop their values from outside sources. Whether it comes from their own parents, or friends and family or from the values of the church, or from other role models like school teachers, that is where our values are developed. Some of these teachers have been infuenced at some oint by someone to believe that ALL guns are bad...and this has caused them to overreact in this case.

Its not limited to guns though. These same teachers have gone through an indoctrination program by progressive college professors who have taught an agenda of political correctness. They teach that gay is ok. Same sex marriage is ok. This is also found in the entertainment media too. A few teachers even think kids ought to be taught about sex at 5 years old. Remember us talking about the kindergardeners that were taught how to use condoms? That came from teachers who went through this progressive program.

I blame the problems of our society on (1) lack of parents interest, (2.) our terrible public education system, and (3) our entertainment media.

Last edited by Dennis324 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:03 pm

This is why I wish good citizenship and ethics were taught k-12.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:22 am

Pun wrote:Ive been hearing too many of theae stories since sandy hook, that i had to vent a little about the stupidity of them. One boy was suspended for having an L-shaped (or should i say GUN SHAPED?!) piece of paper. Then another for eating his pop tart into the same shape. One was suspended for carrying a lego gun to school. One kid was having a bday party and all the little plastic army men had to be removed from the cupcakes that his mom brought in. I mean dont you think if there are going to be any zero tolerance policies about weapons, how about it just be restricted to actual weapons, and not abstract representations of them too? And the way that the left has just started treating guns like the plague, like even looking at them could kill you, to me is pushing this irrational fear complex on the kids (and sadly even their parents), which i think can have two possible outcomes. Either its going to work and we'll have a nation more ignorant and fearful of firearms, or i think its going to teach a lot of kids that just because the system pushes a rule or because adults cant differentiate between real and make believe, that it isnt always right. Maybe it will peel a few more away from the herd.

While I agree that this is ridiculous, most of these stories have been around for years.
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Pun Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:56 am

Stories like this have been around for a while, but it seems like an obvious spike in stupidity surrounding guns since sandy hook

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down