Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris rock on obama

4 posters

Go down

Chris rock on obama Empty Chris rock on obama

Post by Sir Pun Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:06 am

Anybody catch this presser several weeks back?

Actor and comedian Chris Rock called President Obama the "dad of the country" as he rallied on Capitol Hill to support his father figure's call for new gun controls.

The President of the United States is, you know, our boss. But also, you know, the president and the first lady are kind of like the mom and the dad of the country. And when your dad says something, you listen. [And] when you don't, it usually bites you in the [expletive] later on. So I'm here to support the president."

How offensive disturbing and ignorant sounding are those quotes?

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Chris rock on obama Empty Re: Chris rock on obama

Post by Marconius Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:23 am

Sad to say, but I would say just about half of this country, maybe a little more, would say that yes, the President is our boss. A Federally controlled educational system is to blame here. While not particularly brainwashing, it is inevitable that once a system gets so large, it no retains effectiveness. That is the main reason the Fed sucks at pretty much everything it does. You cannot govern this bigass nation from a central location. To so gives us results like a crappy educational system that churns out people who have no idea that we are government's boss and not the other way around.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:48 pm

Would you mind posting up the video?
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:20 pm

I saw that earlier. I like Chris Rock. Chris is pretty funny. But just like Jon Stewart...it's a mistake (that many people undoubtably make) to take a comedian's political views as gospel.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:34 pm

Dennis324 wrote:I saw that earlier. I like Chris Rock. Chris is pretty funny. But just like Jon Stewart...it's a mistake (that many people undoubtably make) to take a comedian's political views as gospel.

I'll take that a step further, its a mistake to take anyone's political views for gospel. I like Jon Stewart and think he often puts forth some good political arguments, however thats far from saying 'Jon Stewart said x, so now I believe x.'
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis324 Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:45 pm

I do like Chis Rock's solution for gun violence though. Wink
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content