Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harlem Shake

3 posters

Go down

Harlem Shake Empty Harlem Shake

Post by Marconius Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:34 pm

WTF is up with this??? There's literally 1000's of people putting up these vids. I know I'm old and outta it, but how the hell did this start???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R8HGsbI4QY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWlxoQ5S9-0
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Harlem Shake Empty Re: Harlem Shake

Post by Sir Pun Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:29 am

Ok, so harlem shake = having a seisure. I swear this is the most mindless idiotic imitative culture these days

Sir Pun

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:58 am

Apparently it all started with this video:

Then some other morons decided to copy it and the idea spread. The problem with the internet is that before, you were only exposed to idiots in your own immediate neighbourhood, and now you are exposed to idiots all over the world, who can now feed off each other's silly little ideas like never before. Imagine in the days of VHS tapes, how long do you think it't have taken for something like this to spread, years? :-P

Even youtube itself is getting in on the action (click the link, wait the necessary 15secs)

(one interesting thing here, I'd like to know what the youtube algorithms for picking the "see also" videos for the sidebar are: when I opened that "original harlem shake" video I got 12 harlem shake videos and one for "Inside the Saudi Kingdom" :-P)
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum