Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Strangest Conservative Priority

Go down

The Strangest Conservative Priority Empty The Strangest Conservative Priority

Post by Marconius Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:01 pm

A thought provoking article in The Atlantic:

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/01/the-strangest-conservative-priority-prepping-a-2nd-amendment-solution/266711/

This article kinda touches on why the GOP is not a conservative party. They are right-wing progressives who refuse to admit that this nation was founded on the principles of Liberalism and the agenda they support is not that much different than the agenda support by the current admin(even those of you who support the current admin cannot argue that he is somehow better or different than GWB.....in fact it sickens me that those who support Pres Obama actually protested GWB for doing the same exact things the Pres is doing now......I mean what woulda happened if NDAA would happened during GWB's tenure).

I loved this paragraph:

"It's one thing to argue that gun control legislation is a nonstarter, despite tens of thousands of deaths by gunshot per year, because the safeguards articulated in the Bill of Rights are sacrosanct. I can respect that... but not from people who simultaneously insist that 3,000 dead in a terrorist attack justifies departing from the plain text of the Fourth, Fifth, Sixth and Eighth amendments, and giving the president de-facto power to declare war without Congressional approval."
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down