Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why???

2 posters

Go down

Why??? Empty Why???

Post by Marconius Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:25 am

What the hell is up with all the remakes??? Now I hear they are remaking the greatest horror movie ever made(don't even try to argue, y'all know Evil Dead is the true king of horror movies).

http://www.firstshowing.net/2012/evil-dead-remake-poster-sets-the-bar-high-with-quite-a-daring-claim/?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_37333
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Why??? Empty Re: Why???

Post by Miles1 Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:43 am

I dunno, the trailer doesn't actually look too bad:

And apparently Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi are the producers, so they're not going to fuck up their own original movie like so many other "reboots" have done.

Am not sure which is worse, remakes or "reboots". "The Dark Knight" was a good reboot, but all the rest (spidermnan, hulk etc)? Yech. And apparently they're already talking about -re-rebooting Batman already!
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:33 pm

Yeah, I watched the trailer, but it seems that just like Texas Chainsaw, they are going for shock value instead of using tension to build a sense of fear. Much like the original Texas Chainsaw, there was blood, but not that much.

I rank Evil Dead at the top of the horror movie pile for what it accomplished as compared to the budget allowed. The camera angles, the sound dubbing.....everything played together to make a cheap ass movie into something great(even though Ash seems to always get tangled up in shelves).

Dude, you will get no arguement from me regarding the new Batman movies. Simply the greatest superhero movies of them all. Bane, IMHO, was even better than the Joker. The writing is what makes those movies.

I do differ on Spiderman though. I thought this new reboot was better than the last three.....well except for maybe the second Spiderman. I hated the way Venom was handled in the 3rd.

Maybe it is because I am part of the comic book generation(let's be honest, comic books no longer interest most of today's youth), but I hate it when comic books of my youth are made into a movie and the movie ignores the established universe of whatever superhero the movie is about.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:08 pm

Had some time to read about it(slow day at work due to weather).

It doesn't bother me as much now. It seems like a "True Grit" type of remake. Basically just a more modern version of a great old movie with no real changes.

Kinda waiting to see it now.
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:51 pm

Marconius wrote:
Maybe it is because I am part of the comic book generation(let's be honest, comic books no longer interest most of today's youth), but I hate it when comic books of my youth are made into a movie and the movie ignores the established universe of whatever superhero the movie is about.

What did you think of the Avengers movie so? Or Watchmen?
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:17 pm

Miles1 wrote:

What did you think of the Avengers movie so? Or Watchmen?

I liked the Avengers so much, I fell asleep during the movie and for the life of me can't really remember much of the almost 1/2 I did watch. I hear the next will try to stick closer to the lore.

Watchmen, even though I didn't read that comic, was unwatchable.

The absolute worst is X-Men(except for 1st class, which wasn't really accurate, but good anyway....X-Men was my 2nd comic of choice and I have many issues). This includes the Wolverine movie.

Those Batman movies of the 90's were horrible(Jim Carey as the Riddler, Bane was mindless, Arnold as Iceman, missiles on penguins.....really).

Daredevil, while fairly accurate, was uninteresting.

I actually liked the Hulk redo better than the first one.

Thor was kinda cool.

Ironman, while not as well done as the newer Batmans, was awesome(I still have all Ironman issues from the first all the way to Dec 1985.....he was my favorite). Yeah they switched Vietnam with A-stan, but I forgave the modernizing. Downey nailed Stark. All around great movie.

Ironman 2 seemed to try too hard and couldn't really touch the first.

Never liked Superman so I never got into any of the movies.

Green Lantern.....well we really don't have to go there do we???

While I didn't care much for Capt America while I was growing up, I really enjoyed the movie. I rank it right behind the Batmans and the first Ironman.

Woulda loved to see AVP stick to the comic instead of putting it on Earth in the modern day.

Crow.....eh, but the soundtrack was awesome.

The new Batmans of course are great, but I do take issue with the Bat Mobile they use. Yeah, I understand they are going more for "realism", but I don't really like the damn thing.

Thoughts???

Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles1 Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:55 am

Marconius wrote:

I liked the Avengers so much, I fell asleep during the movie and for the life of me can't really remember much of the almost 1/2 I did watch. I hear the next will try to stick closer to the lore.

Watchmen, even though I didn't read that comic, was unwatchable.

The absolute worst is X-Men(except for 1st class, which wasn't really accurate, but good anyway....X-Men was my 2nd comic of choice and I have many issues). This includes the Wolverine movie.

Those Batman movies of the 90's were horrible(Jim Carey as the Riddler, Bane was mindless, Arnold as Iceman, missiles on penguins.....really).

Daredevil, while fairly accurate, was uninteresting.

I actually liked the Hulk redo better than the first one.

Thor was kinda cool.

Ironman, while not as well done as the newer Batmans, was awesome(I still have all Ironman issues from the first all the way to Dec 1985.....he was my favorite). Yeah they switched Vietnam with A-stan, but I forgave the modernizing. Downey nailed Stark. All around great movie.

Ironman 2 seemed to try too hard and couldn't really touch the first.

Never liked Superman so I never got into any of the movies.

Green Lantern.....well we really don't have to go there do we???

While I didn't care much for Capt America while I was growing up, I really enjoyed the movie. I rank it right behind the Batmans and the first Ironman.

Woulda loved to see AVP stick to the comic instead of putting it on Earth in the modern day.

Crow.....eh, but the soundtrack was awesome.

The new Batmans of course are great, but I do take issue with the Bat Mobile they use. Yeah, I understand they are going more for "realism", but I don't really like the damn thing.

Thoughts???

Well, I didn't grow up with Marvel/DC comics, as they weren't that easy to get over here, so I was pretty much taking each movie on its own merits rather than comparing it to the canon... Would agree with pretty much most of that, apart from maybe the Avengers which I thought was good. Thor I wasn't a fan of tho. And as for the batman movies of the 90s being horrible, it was the 90s, the decade that gave us MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice, what do you expect? Razz The first batman was good, the rest, well, I don't think I bothered watching them after robin came into it (which one was that?).... Wasn't overly gone on the new spiderman, seemed a bit bland. As for the Wolverine movie, what Wolverine movie? There was no Wolverine movie, it was all a horrible dream :-P
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Post by Marconius Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:14 pm

Miles1 wrote:

Well, I didn't grow up with Marvel/DC comics, as they weren't that easy to get over here,
*gasp* You poor man!!! I now see the root of your emotional problems. You were not allowed to properly enjoy childhood!!! Laughing
So what kinda comics did you guys have......if any at all???

Miles1 wrote:
And as for the batman movies of the 90s being horrible, it was the 90s, the decade that gave us MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice, what do you expect? Razz
Hey, the rock/alt rock of the first half of the '90's was prolly the best ever done before or since, but I still cannot argue you point. I concede good sir.

Miles1 wrote:
As for the Wolverine movie, what Wolverine movie? There was no Wolverine movie, it was all a horrible dream :-P
That explains a lot

BTW-In case you missed it, AVP stands for Aliens vs Predator. This was an awesome comic series by Dark Horse Comics and was done in the late 80's. They actually worked with DC comics not long after and did a Batman vs Predator series. Believe it or not, that series was awesome as well, but I don't think the movie, if ever made, would go anywhere. I personally do not believe that public acceptance would be that high on such a crossover. Of course I could be wrong.....would you watch it???
Marconius
Marconius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum