Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classy.

2 posters

Go down

Classy. Empty Classy.

Post by Miles1 Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:47 am

Campaign worker receives check and condom, check bounces

NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) -- Two days after the election campaign workers came to News 8 claiming, they had not been paid by Linda McMahon's campaign. We spoke out on their behalf and one week after the election the campaign was writing checks. The only problem is that the checks bounced.

"We already paid the money to the people and we were just looking to get our percentage which we charge two percent," said Troy Stokes, M&M Check Cashing Co.

M&M Check Cashing on Howe Street had been cashing McMahon's checks all through the campaign, but all the checks dated November 8th have bounced.

"We're out right now, $1,600," Stokes said.

News 8 called the McMahon campaign and were told by spokesperson Kate Duffy, "Checks have been mailed to campaign workers. Replacement checks were issued for those who did not want to wait for the mail. The original checks were then voided once replacement checks were issued."

However, Evette Brown only got one check: the original one in the mail.

"I waited for mine to come in the mail," Brown said. "It came in the mail and when I went to cash it, I couldn't cash it."

The original check was no good. She says, she was never given a replacement check.

"No ma'am, no, no, no, mine came in the mail," Brown said.

Twaine Don Gomes was one of the people who first complained to News 8. He was handed a check, but he says, the campaign told him they were mad that he came to News 8, so he got a little something extra in his envelope.

"Basically he handed me a check with a condom in it, told me I was screwed," Gomes said. "That's the rudest gesture you can ever do to a person, it's like spitting in a person's face."

His check bounced as well. The workers say, this was the last thing they were expecting after spending hours in the cold, working hard for their candidate on election day.

"I'm not blaming Mrs. McMahon for this, I'm not bashing anyone," Brown said, "but I just want my pay for 16 hours."

News 8 spoke to the campaign spokesperson again Monday night, she says this has all been a misunderstanding and they have every intention of paying everybody who worked. We sent them names and numbers of people who have had checks bounce and they say, they will follow up.
Miles1
Miles1

Back to top Go down

Classy. Empty Re: Classy.

Post by Bryant Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:47 pm

What more do you expect from the queen of white trash?
Bryant
Bryant
Admin

Back to top Go down