Whatever's Clever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More of our troops assasinated

Go down

More of our troops assasinated Empty More of our troops assasinated

Post by Dennis324 Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:13 pm

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — Afghan police killed four American soldiers coming to their aid after a checkpoint attack Sunday, the third assault by government forces or insurgents disguised in military uniforms in as many days. Source

*Sigh* Its time to get out. I know these were likely Taliban disguised as police, but this is becoming a daily occurance and I'm not seeing much help (or even sympathy) coming from the Aghans. When the people we are trying to help wind up turning on us....its time to go. Its happening in Libya too. 13 months ago the Libyans were begging for US aid. Now they are burning our flags and killing our ambassadors. I knew this was going to be a mistake and said so.

The people in those countries are cruel. Sure, there might be an occasional arab who supports what we are trying to do, but that's like saying there's an occasional Auburn fan in Tuscaloosa. Most are Bama fans. And most Arabs want our money and want us to help them overthrow whoever is in power,...then they want us to leave.

We should get out...NOW. Close the embassies, stop funneling billions to these backstabbing savages and let em rot. So what if (as Bob Beckle sez) the Chinese will move into the vacuum created by our absence? Let the Chinese deal with the problem. They arent as wussified politically correct as we anyway and I'd love to see how the Arabs like dealing with Bejing. The Chinese can be cruel taskmasters when they want to be and care nothing about what the Rosie O'Donnells and Sean Penns of the world think.

Mad
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

More of our troops assasinated Empty Re: More of our troops assasinated

Post by Dennis324 Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:39 pm

Muslim protesters rage at United States in Asia, Middle East

KABUL (Reuters) - Protesters enraged by a film mocking the Prophet Mohammad battled with police in several Asian cities on Monday and vented their fury against the United States, blaming it for what they see as an attack on the Muslim religion.

"We will defend our prophet until we have blood across our bodies. We will not let anyone insult him," said one protester in the Afghan capital. "Americans will pay for their dishonor."

More of our troops assasinated 120917042912-film-protest-7-horizontal-gallery
No let-up in protests over anti-Islam film

Roughly 1900 American troops have been killed in Afghanistan alone trying to help these people. We had run out the Taliban, women and children can now go to school there, we've built roads and schools there...and this is the thanks we get. Now American soldiers are getting killed by Afghan security forces...that we trained! They are turning on us and stabbing us in the back, killing our soldiers and marines. In the past three years, uniformed Afghans have murdered at least 97 US and NATO troops.

I read a report by the NY Post today that says our pentagon officials believe culturally offensive behavior is the motivation behind the killings, so it’s stepped up Islamic sensitivity training for our troops.

If you don’t want to be shot in the back by your Afghan training partners, the Pentagon advises, don’t offend their religious sensibilities. Don’t kick your feet up on a table, for instance, and never ask to see a picture of their wives and kids. “There’s a percentage [of attacks] which are cultural affronts,” Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey said in a recent interview.

Dempsey echoes the concerns of Gen. Sher Mohammad Karimi, the Afghan National Army’s chief of staff, who earlier this month argued both sides need to do more to “teach” foreign troops Islamic traditions and values to reduce the chance of violent reactions to cultural slights.

To avoid offending them, US commanders are putting troops through intense Muslim sensitivity training. Among other things, they’ve been ordered to:

* Wear surgical gloves whenever handling a copy of the Koran.

* Never walk in front of a praying Muslim.

* Never show the bottom of boots while sitting or lying across from a Muslim, which in Islam is considered an insult.

* Never share photos of wives or daughters.

* Never smoke or eat in front of Muslims during the monthlong Ramadan fasting.

* Avoid winking, cursing or nose-blowing in the presence of Muslims — all viewed as insults in Islam.

* Avoid exiting the shower without a towel.

* Avoid offering and accepting things with the left hand, which in Islam is reserved for bodily hygiene and considered unclean.

Troops who violate the sensitivity rules face severe punishment.

Military officials who have done tours in Afghanistan are outraged that brass would even suggest US troops are partly to blame for their own murders.

“I would like to see a public affairs officer explain to the press where showing the bottom of your shoe to a Muslim or shaking with your left hand was legitimate grounds for murder,” growled one US Army official.

They say their Muslim partners would still resent them even if they followed their Islamic protocols to the letter.

“The cultural affronts excuse is a bunch of garbage,” a senior US Army intelligence official told me. “The Afghans that know we’re doing all this PC cultural sensitivity crap are laughing their asses off at our stupidity.”

Explained the intelligence official: “They’re killing us because we’re ‘infidels’ occupying Islamic lands. It’s what the Koran and every imam over there is telling them, and no amount of cultural sensitivity is going to stop that or change the fact that we’re ‘infidels.’ ”

Indeed, a Taliban video released last month revealed uniformed Afghans are itching for a chance to “kill infidels.”

“I opened fire on three Americans who were sitting together,” a rogue Afghan soldier, identified as Ghazi Mahmood, says while smiling for the camera. “The reason I killed them is because they have occupied our country. They are enemies of our religion.”

Internally, the military has acknowledged the larger religious problem. A May 2011 study commissioned by the US Army says “fratricidal” assaults by uniformed Afghans stem in part from Afghan religious attitudes that their American counterparts are “infidel bullies.” (The same report says US troops regarded their Afghan training partners as “treacherous and murderous radicals” secretly colluding with the Taliban.)

Further pointing up the absurdity of putting troops through Islamic finishing school: The intelligence official notes that if there are any truly obnoxious cultural offenses, they are committed by Afghan trainees quartered inside our bases.

“They like to stand on our toilets and poop all over them,” he said.

Why? They refuse to touch the toilet seats used by the “dirty infidels” they’re training and living with.

I guess fighting and dying for these people's freedom and peace isnt enough. They live in a 7th century culture and you just can make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. They dont appreciate us. Time to let these people rot in their own filth.
Dennis324
Dennis324

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum